We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Advisor Maps...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Miguel de Allende hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
101 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Advisor Maps...

Am I imagining things? It looks like many of the maps locating an attraction or restaurant in SMA is wrong...the #2 rated gelado place, for instance, is actually near the Jardin but the map puts it way out of the centro. What's up?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
5,920 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Advisor Maps...

It's a worldwide problem, much complained about on the HUMTAB (help us make TA better) forums...

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
101 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Advisor Maps...

Thanks. I've never experienced it to this degree. At least half of the maps are way off. Even the top-rated restaurant in San Miguel de Allende.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
2 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Advisor Maps...

Dancing Nancy,

Google maps isn't geo-refenced for pinpoint accuracy. If you are planning a trip to San Miguel there is an accurate map of town that includes a guide to the historical center at rhondasmap.com. It's also available digitally.

Good luck and enjoy your holiday in San Miguel.

Rhonda

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
5,920 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Advisor Maps...

And that's Google Maps. You may notice, TripAdvisor uses (cough!) Bing Maps instead.

I've gotten so tired of seeing small-town listings showing a map of Mexico City, I no longer even look at the map. I simply copy-and-paste the address text into a new Google Maps window, and bingo. It just works.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
101 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Advisor Maps...

I'll check it out. Thanks. Hope it positions all the restaurants, hotel and attractions!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
101 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Advisor Maps...

Great idea. I haven't paid attention to what maps TA uses. Just assumed it was Google. Thank you!

7. Re: Trip Advisor Maps...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about San Miguel de Allende