We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming in San Miguel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Victoria, Canada
7 posts
Save Topic
Swimming in San Miguel

Are there any public swimming pools or pools in hotels where people other than hotel patrons can swim in San Miguel de Allende Mexico?

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming in San Miguel

The Rosewood hotel, allows guests at no charge who pay a modest amount for food and beverage. They and most other hotels allow pool guests for a fee. There are swim clubs at condo pools. There are hot springs just outside of town that charge by the day.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g151932-d1…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g151932-d145657…

vivasanmiguel.com/san_miguel_children_activi…

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming in San Miguel

The Rosewood used to be a good deal, but the last I heard it was requiring a spend of $350 per person on lunch and drinks, which I find excessive. a cheaper central alternative with a decent size pool is the Real de Minas, which charges $70. It can get busy with families at weekends and holidays, but is usually quiet during the week.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimming in San Miguel

Yes, that is $350 pesos or $27 dollars per person for food and drink get you the pool at no charge. I know of no free public pools.

toronto
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimming in San Miguel

I didn't know that about the Rosewood...we've gone to the one across from the Biblioteca (can't think of the name) several times. Cost about 70 pesos I think. Also the Hotel Real Minas allows it last time I asked. Any idea how much the Rosewood charges?

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimming in San Miguel

Imperio de Los Angeles by Los Frailes has a nice pool and is not very busy. $100 P, but farther from centro.

Victoria, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Swimming in San Miguel

Thanks for the information about swimming. We'll investigate the places you mention.

Bill

marin, ca
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Swimming in San Miguel

I used to always go swim at Posada de la Aldea. It was only a couple of dollars and the pool was actually quite decent and clean. There were rarely other people using it. Haven't been there in several years but it may be worth checking out as a possibility.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
176 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Swimming in San Miguel

It's now 70 pesos a day.

9. Re: Swimming in San Miguel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 31, 2014
Get answers to your questions about San Miguel de Allende