We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Female solo traveller - accomodation

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Miguel de Allende hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Female solo traveller - accomodation

Ive read a lot of posts on TA and hotel reviews, but I'm still finding it hard to pick accomodation.

I'm heading to San Miguel as a last minute trip, I'm currently in puebla studying Spanish and plan a 3-4 day visit to san Miguel.

Can someone recommend a location I can book a room with ensuite, that is close enough to town to walk and a little social. Happy to pay up to $80 a night.

Thank you

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
33 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Female solo traveller - accomodation

Dear J, I, too, am a solo traveler and, after hours & hours of searching, I am planning to stay at Casa de la Noche this winter. 14 units, also a common area, helpful friendly owners are American, many reviews say, "Good for first time visitors." Breakfast included ( I believe guests eat together), some rooms have shared kitchens/kitchenettes, close to town center (5 min walk).

Smallest room is "Pepita" $60.00 a night, "Chiquita" room also small with patio access from room - $60.00.

Owner, Barbara, phoned me after an email request - very nice. Check Casa de la Noche out online. Let me know if you go before I do!

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
5,998 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Female solo traveller - accomodation

Casa de la Noche is certainly well regarded.

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Female solo traveller - accomodation

I have booked with casa de la noche, I'm very much looking forward to the change of secenery. I've been learning Spanish in Puebla and my brain is overloaded,

New York
Level Contributor
303 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Female solo traveller - accomodation

I stayed at Casa de la Noche for about a week in January, and had a blast (the only thing that kept me from returning in March was prohibitive airfare to Mexico that wouldn't drop). As I mentioned in my review, it's great for solo travelers who like their privacy but still like to meet other people (that was why I chose it). But if you want to keep to yourself, I can't imagine anyone would force socializing on you. It's very low-key, safe and fun. If you have any problems (for example, no hot water), tell Barbara immediately. The hot water works on a pressure system, and you have to turn it on with a certain force for it to heat. This might not be evident unless you speak up.

Edited: 10:32 am, May 11, 2012
5. Re: Female solo traveller - accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:41 pm, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about San Miguel de Allende