We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prol Aldama

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Miguel de Allende hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Prol Aldama

Hi - Can anyone help me with the location of the street Prolangacion Aldama? I have found a nice rental there, the landlord seems great but can't quite place it. I sent an email to Mike but I believe he is out of town.

Thanks!

sausalito
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prol Aldama

So if you were facing the Paroquia in the jardin you would take the street to the right (Cuna de Allende) where La Fragua and La Capilla are located for one block. There at Cuadrante, it turns into Aldama. Walk all the way down Aldama to Parque Juarez and Aldama skirts the park on the west side. At the far edge of the park, it turns into Prol. Aldama. It is a VERY long street so I would certainly ask about distance. Do you know how far or the cross streets?

My only familiarity with it was looking at a house with a realtor which was not too far out and then a friend from my spanish class was staying in a casita which was pretty far out. It isn't by chance a newer built house by a woman from San Francisco? If you need more detailed info, let me know and I will dig out my map.

Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prol Aldama

Thanks for the info - she says it takes 10-15 minutes walking to the Jardin. I don't know where she is from but I do know she built the apartment fairly recently. It is a bright Mexican blue color and she said her house is red (she lives there and rents out the apartment). All I know is Prol Aldama on a side street off from there.

It does sound like a little bit of a walk but perhaps a little more quiet than being right in centro.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prol Aldama

There are some wonderful houses on Prol de Aldama - Tom and Mary Ambrose live there.

M

Beacon, NY and San...
Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prol Aldama

I think you'll find Prolongacion Aldama is very much in the gringo safety zone. I'm thinking it extends all the way trough Guadiana into Colonia Allende. It's all quite nice and an easy walk to the Jardin. If you're in Colonia Allende it may be more like a 20 minute walk than the standard lie of 10-15 min.

Get answers to your questions about San Miguel de Allende