We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone advise on noise?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Vancouver, CA
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Can anyone advise on noise?

This is my first trip to SMA, and being someone with lots of trouble sleeping, I'm trying to choose a hotel carefully. I'm looking at the Puertecita and wondering if it's actually far enough away to be quiet. Reviews of the hotel are mixed on the subject. We're also considering a house in Ojo de Agua. Is that a better bet?

Many thanks for any suggestions!

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Can anyone advise on noise?

SanMiguelConvert,

Perhaps you need to get out of the office and speak with the locals. Most petty crime is not reported.

M

houston
4 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Can anyone advise on noise?

I've stayed at both Casa Luna locations, Casa Linda, and at Casa Liza. The fireworks in the park at night can be loud at Casa Liza, but find that certain rooms at Casa Luna on Pila Seca are very quiet. (I'm a light sleeper too!) Stay away from the Parroquia if the church bells wake you, but their interior facing rooms away from the street are wonderful for sleeping.

Casa Linda has a common wall with the club Pancho and Lefty's and the sound filters through some of the rooms.