We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shipping Furniture/Ceramics from SMA to US

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Oakland, CA
Level Contributor
100 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Shipping Furniture/Ceramics from SMA to US

Seduced by San Miguel's spell, my husband and I dream of purchasing furniture and ceramics on our next SMA vacation to ship back to California. With my one tidbit of common sense left, I've decided to investigate actual shipping costs and difficulties before our 1 week trip in Feb.

To that end, could anyone provide me with telephone numbers for Solutions and/or Border Crossings? Does anyone have other advice, contacts or figures on actual shipping costs? I know that it'll be expensive and difficult, but I need more concrete information to help us figure out whether we're just a little crazy or completely nuts.

Thanks!

benbobbi

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
6,556 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shipping Furniture/Ceramics from SMA to US

Border Crossings is closing down at the end of the year. Solutions: 152 6152. You might also want to try Pack n Mail: 152 0594 or 210 787 4474 in the US.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
51 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shipping Furniture/Ceramics from SMA to US

There are many shipping and logistics companies but you will pay a high price. One company that I have shipped with many times is SpaceLogistics. spacelogistics.net. Since they are a logistics company, they can hanle all the pick up to delivery including border and customs. I usually ship 1-2 pallets of pottery out of Puebla and the cost is about $700 a pallet or $1200 for 2. A pallet is 4' x 4' x 8'. They will break down the price for you with a quote but you will need the size and weight for a solid quote. Just don't expect speed with this price. It will get to you in Oakland but it may be some time. Speed will cost you twice if not more. Happy shopping.

Oakland, CA
Level Contributor
100 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shipping Furniture/Ceramics from SMA to US

Thank you Londinense and TC Mexico for your responses. I'll check things out with the companies. My bubble hasn't burst yet!

4. Re: Shipping Furniture/Ceramics from SMA to US

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, June 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about San Miguel de Allende