We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfare

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
179 reviews
Save Topic
Airfare

Can't believe how the airfare has gone up in the last couple of years...now a $1,000 to BJX! Last time in SMA the flight was $600. May have to go in another direction this winter. Any bright ideas for cheap fares?

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airfare

I have no idea when you're going but most dates I am looking at are 750 USD from Dulles-BJX.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
6,039 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airfare

Fly to MEX not BJX. More flights = more competition = generally lower prices. There are non-stops, so what you lose time-wise on ground transportation you make up for by not having to transit in ORD or DFW.

Edited: 8:29 am, September 22, 2011
Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airfare

Thanks! I've never gone through MEX, but I'm thinking maybe I'd actually like to do a couple of nights in the DF, so we'll see.

4. Re: Airfare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, October 23, 2012