We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a car in San Miguel vs Queretaro?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Vancouver, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Renting a car in San Miguel vs Queretaro?

Has anyone experience with renting a car to do a four day trip outside of San Miguel? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting a car in San Miguel vs Queretaro?

There is really no decent place to rent a car inSan Miguel, so your best bet is in Querétaro or at an airport.

Depending on where you intend to travel in those four days, buses might be a better option.

Friendswood, Texas...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting a car in San Miguel vs Queretaro?

We just went to SMA in January 2011 and we rented a car in SMA. The place is on Calle Codo. It is the street that splits from Calle Ancha that goes to the right heading toward town. The business is on the left of Codo, about one to two businesses from the split with Calle Ancha. We had no problems with the deal at all.

Codo No.9 Local 2 , Centro, San Miguel de Allende, Gto. | Phone: (415) 152 0198 / (415) 154 8621.

http://www.sanmiguelrentalcar.com/

ArtZ

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting a car in San Miguel vs Queretaro?

Good to hear you were pleased with the SM agency. I see from their website that prices are in USD. What additional charges were there (ie insurance) and what sort of exchange rate did they apply when converting to pesos?

Friendswood, Texas...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting a car in San Miguel vs Queretaro?

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Also sorry to report I did away with the paperwork. There is insurance. And in Mexico, of course, insurance is high. If I recall correctly, the deductible was the price of the car -- basically no comprehensive insurance to speak of. We rented the smallest compact they had for a couple of days only. We didn't do much traveling out of the city. I'm not familiar with the airport in Queretaro. When we've flown we've gone to Leon. It's a small airport, but very nice an clean. There are the usual car rental places. As I recall, the rental for a car at that airport was about $600 more or less for a week. It included insurance. Good luck. Sorry can't give you more exact details. Hope you enjoy your trip.

ArtZ

5. Re: Renting a car in San Miguel vs Queretaro?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, October 21, 2012