We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which home stay while attending Warren Hardy

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Kyoto, Japan
Level Contributor
31 posts
170 reviews
Save Topic
Which home stay while attending Warren Hardy

I hope to attend Warren Hardy's school in mid February and have found a room for the same rate either on Guadiana near the Institute Allende or on Jaime Nuno in Colonia Guadaloupe. Which location might be a better bet for a middle-aged woman on her own? My goal is to be able to walk to class comfortably (hills are not a problem -- safety and traffic are) and to all other sights of interest in town. Thanks.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
145 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which home stay while attending Warren Hardy

Check out Maricela Campos' guest house on Jesus. I will be staying there this March while studying espanol at AHA. $35 USD for private room and bath with 2 meals. She's on the san miguel guide website under B and Bs. Haven't stayed there, but visited it on 2 separate days and took a cooking class with Maricela. Can't wait!

Kyoto, Japan
Level Contributor
31 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which home stay while attending Warren Hardy

Thank you, adzl. I inquired at Maricela's before posting and she is full until the end of March. Enjoy your stay there. Maybe I'll try a cooking class with her. That's another skill that could stand some improving....

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,122 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which home stay while attending Warren Hardy

Just curious. What is Warren Hardy's school? I guess I could Goggle, but with the experts in SMA, I will await their answer.

Thank you.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which home stay while attending Warren Hardy

Casa de la "O" is 1/2 block from Warren Hardy: nearly backs up to the school. It's on Indio Triste and is very reasonable. I would ask for a rear room separate from the kitchen/dining areas (those are a bit larger, quieter and not so dark). It's 5 min from/7 min to El Jardin at a very leisurely pace.

Barrio Guadiana is probably a better location than Jaime Nuno in Col. Guadalupe.

M

Mentioned in this post
El Jardin
El Jardin
871 Reviews
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which home stay while attending Warren Hardy

holakjs,

It's one of many local Spanish language schools.

I enjoyed the free language "games" on the web site (www.warrenhardy.com), but "flashcards" cause panic attacks.

M

Philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
228 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which home stay while attending Warren Hardy

Azdi, hi, will be taking a cooking class with maricela - any recommendations on dishes to cook?

L

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which home stay while attending Warren Hardy

Chiles en Nogada are my favs, but Lipitor is a prerequisite.

M

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which home stay while attending Warren Hardy

Hola NJ and Philadelphia,

I grew up in Haddonfield, NJ: mom and dad lived there 50+ years, but I left in 1958.

M

Mentioned in this post
Philadelphia
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
228 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which home stay while attending Warren Hardy

Mike, we'll still claim you! but how do you say "w-a-t-e-r" and do you watch Mummers?

L

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which home stay while attending Warren Hardy

l,

Agua.

No.

M