We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Contact for medium-long term rentals?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Miguel de Allende hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
2 posts
Save Topic
Contact for medium-long term rentals?

I read an article recently on the 'Net which said that you could find medium or long term rentals in SMA for less than $300 a month.

Can anybody tell me exactly who to contact to find out the availabilities of this kind of housing?

Thanks in advance.

John Foote

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Contact for medium-long term rentals?

You have a choice. There are many places in Mexico that you can easily get an apartment for less than $300 a month, but you probably don't really want to spend much time there. Oaxaca is wonderful, but even now, it does not make many concessions or have the level of services and activities that gringos usually wish for--even ones who are willing to rough it. So, in San Miguel, though you may pay a bit more, you get more--lots of interesting things to do, possible friends, speaking in English if you choose, or not, nice stores if you wish to shop there or great little tiendas and mercados if you don't.

To find a decent apartment for what you might consider a reasonable, though not dirt-cheap, price, go to San Miguel, check the listings in Atencion (the local newspaper that comes out on Fridays) and also on the various bulletin boards around town, including the tourist office on the Jardin or the Biblioteca. Also, post an inquiry on one of the SMA 'message boards.' Some of them will not now take any more subscribers, but I think that www.vivasma.com is still open. You might also offer to house/pet sit, which a number of people with minimal means often do.

Get answers to your questions about San Miguel de Allende