We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

plastic surgery

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
sarasota fl
1 post
Save Topic
plastic surgery

Have heard rumors that plastic surgery ( ie...face lifts) was very good..and very affordable in and around SMA. Does anyone have any info on this and also any websites I could visit. Thanks

JAG
Dallas, Tx
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: plastic surgery

I would like to know also. Thanks!

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
55 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: plastic surgery

http://www.plasticsurgerysanmiguel.com/

There are several plastic surgeons in San Miguel. They usually advertise in "Atencion," the local English language paper. You can probably get someone in the Atencion office to send you one copy of the newspaper or they might even look for the ads for you and email them. Last year when I went and was trying to rent an apt., someone on the Atencion staff actually emailed me all the classified ads for free. Of course, the PS ads are display ads.

My other suggestion would be to subscribe to the two www.coollist.com mailling lists for San Miguel. I'm a subscriber but haven't looked at the posts since I came back last Sept. from SMA. One list is mostly filled with people talking about American politics and they're kind of caustic, even scathing at times. The other list--civilSMA@coollist.com (check out the exact address on Google or somewhere) might be more amenable. But I always saw posts of people asking for doctors.

The point I'm making is that this guy, Fuentes, whose website is on the first line of my post is the only game in town.

Also there is a plastic surgery website with a bizarre name. www.yestheyrefake.net but which is actually very informative and I there was a Mexican surgeon who used to answer questions (in very good English) who was from Aguascalientes, Mexico. Also there are people just extremely informed about plastic surgery there on the message board and will answer questions about almost anything. I haven't been in a while but definitely saw questions and answers about Mexican plastic surgery. You can search the boards. I highly recommend checking this website out--it's probably the most info you'll find anywhere from other people who are also looking for info. You really need to do your homework with PS. Always interview a lot of doctors and get patient recs beforehand. This yestheyrefake website is the best place for that.

Well...that should be enough to go on. Lucky I happened to wander in here. I almost never come to this website.

Good luck to you!

Mentioned in this post
Aguascalientes
Aguascalientes
Aguascalientes, Mexico
Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
55 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: plastic surgery

P.S. What I meant to say was: Fuentes is NOT the only game in town in San Miguel.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: plastic surgery

Dr. Juan Bosco is highly regarded: several friends and my SO have seen him and I plan to have him do my "wattle". He did a microsurgery fellowship @ Stanford after he saved the life of a Stanford undergrad who was gored in the Sanmiguelada and suffered a lacerated (intrahepatic) inferior vena cava - almost always fatal. M, M.D.

santa cruz...
Level Contributor
391 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: plastic surgery

Hola Mikemo: is the info in these old posts still accurate? i hesitate to enter the website mentioned - yikes! it's scary. Did you have "it" done? If yes, are you pleased-looking like a teenager? lol

I want to look into it in March & maybe return in Nov as a big b'day present for me. gracias, mariados (ok, everyone on here now knows i need to have "work done")

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
150 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: plastic surgery

I second the recommendation for Dr. Bosco. I went to him years ago when I had skin cancer. He and his wife are wonderful people and fine physicians.

santa cruz...
Level Contributor
391 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: plastic surgery

thank you, sashabob, I appreciate your response. I feel petty wanting cosmetic work done when you had something serious. But, I guess the surgeons have to perform both. The best part is that your experience was so successful you can recommend him.

mariados

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
150 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: plastic surgery

Not petty at all! If I could, I'd love to have Dr. Bosco shave off a couple (or more than a couple) of years. I just wanted to add my recommendation because of my wonderful experience with him and his wife.

And as for his plastic surgeon work: I know of one woman whom he actively discouraged from having anything done after she'd experienced a devastating loss. He advised her to wait. She did, and a year later she returned to Dr. Bosco and he did a lovely, subtle lift.

santa cruz...
Level Contributor
391 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: plastic surgery

sashabob: you're very kind & thougntful in your responses. I appreciate that - especially mentioning the subtle lift. thank you. mariados

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: plastic surgery

More recently, Dr. Manuel Velazquez has been recommended by several folks: He is here on Wednesdays (from Celaya).

www.lajoyaclinica.com

No, I keep procrastinating as some travel excuse or other gets in the way.

M

Get answers to your questions about San Miguel de Allende