We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rental cars

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
brazil
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
rental cars

anyone aware of a rental car situation where I can rent from Mexico City Airport, and drop off (without exhorbitant drop off charges) in San Miguel or Queretero?

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rental cars

Drop off charges seem to be high in Mexico, I think because auto rental isn't all that popular a thing for Mexicans to do. So, you're in a one-way rental situation whereby the company needs to pay someone to return the car to the D.F. for them. Why are you renting, instead of taking a bus? Good reason, I hope - but busses are exellent and relatively inexpensive.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rental cars

I agree with gomexico, but we prefer the door to door local shuttle vans/SUVs.

M

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rental cars

Hi! We are just back rom a wonderful trip tp the colonial heartland (Queretaro, whihc we REALLY LOVED!, Guanuajuato, San Miguel and Mexico City), and we highly recommend the "Primera Plus" bus which goes straight from the Mexico City Airport to Queretaro, avoiidng the trip to the Terminal del Norte. It runs every 30 minutes until 5 pm, and it costs about 20 dollars per person, time 3.30 hours. In Queretaro you could then be picked up by a San Migule van, somebody elsle will have to give you a recommendation. Otherwise there are plenty of busses between Mexico City Terminal del Norte and San Miguel, but a bit more hassle. We travellld with Primera Plus all over and we can only recommend them: 800 numbre for booking, credit cards accepted, reserved seats, air conditioned, reliable, reclinable seats, food and drinks, excellent drivers! Enjoy!

Bianca