We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanmiguelada, etc.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Sanmiguelada, etc.

Portal San Miguel has announced that the Sanmiguelada will be on Saturday 24 September.

El Jardin is still closed, but looks nearly completed.

There is a "new" house rental agency: www.rentalsanmiguel.com

Restaurant prices are rising faster than inflation (one of our favs, Ole, Ole has raised prices 40% since Sept '03 - their beef fajitas were $55. in Jan and now are $70.)

Buen viaje.

M

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sanmiguelada, etc.

It would be a bit of a probalm is the Jardin isn't open (even if the finishing touches aren't completed yet) for the Fiestas Patrias in a couple of weeks. I'm still placing my bet on an opening by then.

About restaurant prices, are you saying that the cost of a fajitas dinner in Ole is US$70?

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sanmiguelada, etc.

$70. MXP. I'm really tired of explaining what MXP means, lol.

M

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sanmiguelada, etc.

A dinner costing the peso equivalent of US$5 or $7 in SMA doesn't seem very pricey, IMO. Not worth complaining about, given the environment (if someone's on vacation or exchanging foreign currency).

About stating prices - most people reading comments on these particular forums are from the USA or Canada, and will, I think, assume that $70 = US$70. If you think people are or have had difficulty understanding what you're posting, you could always try explaining better.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sanmiguelada, etc.

I'll continue to post in local currency as that's what I'm spending.

M

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sanmiguelada, etc.

El Jardin officially opened on Saturday.

M