We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone recommendation first-timer

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
NY, NY
2 posts
Save Topic
Anyone recommendation first-timer

Can anyone recommend where and what area in san miquel de allenda a first=timer travelling alone and wanting to meet people should stay. Cost is importgant but atmosphere and comfort is more important.

Also any ideas about cheaptest airfare, ex fly Houston to SM or Dallas to SM (nyc is my hometown),. Thanks so much for any info. Linda

vero beach florida
Level Contributor
136 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone recommendation first-timer

Dear Linda, I am flying from Miami On American Air to Dallas and then Leon, Mexico getting a car for l hour directly to my house rental in sma.

I arrive on new year's eve. I have a phone in SMA but do not have the number handy at the moment. My e mail is JMTOC @aol.com. We should keep in touch.

thanks, Joyce.

Lawrence, KS
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone recommendation first-timer

Linda,

There are so many places for you to stay in SMA that are nice and inexpensive. Posada de San Francisco is nice and quaint and very reasonable also right in front of the jardin. Villas Mirasol are also pretty nice and close to downtown. The Guest House is very nice as well it is in a home that the owner lives in I think and has about 5 rooms very reasonable in price as well. Casa Luna is very nice, mid range the service is really nice as well also Casa Granada is nice as well the owner is very sweet and helpful. If you would like to splurge, Dos Casas is amazing! THere are 5 bedrooms and excellent service. Honestly anywhere you stay I don't think you'll be too upset. I really love SMA and I hope you do to.

As far as airfare I live in Kansas and the price has always been the same for me. I think you should just search around for airfare every now and then you'll find a great deal. I hope this helps.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone recommendation first-timer

I would recommend you stay in or very close to the "Centro".

Check out all the hotels, B&B's and rental houses on the many threads.

I own a house on Reloj, but it's leased so we are staying at Las Terrazas in mid Jan thanks to a last minute cancellation.

I would guess Continental via IAH (Houston) to BJX would be your best bet from Newark/NYC. We occasionally get a weekend getaway on AA nonstop from DFW for $179.-$229 (+taxes of $86. or so) RT, but Continental from DAL via IAH is usually less expensive.

M

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone recommendation first-timer

hi my name is maria i am from tuxpan jalisco but now i live in fort worth ,texas. i would like to buy a home in san miguel and would like to vist san miguel but would like to know were to stay or can we stay with a family.