We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Leon airport to San Miguel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
ohio
Level Contributor
24 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Leon airport to San Miguel

What is the typical taxi fare for two people from Leon airport to San Miguel? Our realtor can have someone pick us up for $80 one way. Is that a fair price? How reliable are the shuttles?

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Leon airport to San Miguel

I have payed 100$ for that "trip" and I thought it was fair--- A trip to Qro is almost the same - I am right Mike???

ML

Atlanta
Level Contributor
624 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Leon airport to San Miguel

We have used shuttle services for over 10 years, and they have never disappointed. You can travel RT for about $54 USD each. Last July our friends landed in BJX at 1:00 am and the shuttle was there; then this February we did not land in QRO until 12:30 am and our shuttle was there waiting on us. There is a lot of info on this forum about shuttles, also on www.portalsanmiguel.com.

Good luck! Skidaddle

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Leon airport to San Miguel

viajessanmiguel is still advertising the senior/student rate of $26. each way. We are using them next week.

Manuel Rivera/taxi took L to BJX for $65. two weeks ago (cel 044 415 100 6976).

M

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Leon airport to San Miguel

A coupon taxi from Querétaro bus station is now $390MN so you should be able to negotiate a fare in the opposite direction for about the same. As for BJX, arrange a shuttle.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Leon airport to San Miguel

Last Nov, we paid taxi $320. pesos from Qro bus station to our house in the Centro (the trip to there with Manuel was $300. pesos).

Next trip to Qro bus station (taxi)/MEX (Primera Plus) is in early March.

M

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Leon airport to San Miguel

M

Thanks for the taxista recommendation. The guy I used to use let some friends down this summer so I need someone reliable from time to time. Viajes Borjequez (is that the right spelling) found me a guy who took me to Querétaro bus station last month for $400.

L

Phoenix
Level Contributor
145 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Leon airport to San Miguel

We are being quoted a price of $70 USD from SMA to BJX for Jan 2008, arranged by Casa Calderoni.

Portland, OR
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Leon airport to San Miguel

Seems a little high, we're going to visit friends in San Miguel, they own a 2nd home there, and they recommender using the shuttle at this web site: To arrange for drivers, email www.viajessanmiguel.com .

Although we haven't used this shuttle our friends are friends use it and assure us it's very reliable.

Kate & Roger, Portland OR

USA
Level Contributor
59 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from Leon airport to San Miguel

I just took a shuttle from BJX to San Miguel (2 days ago) with "Viajes San Miguel". $28 one way; $56 roundtrip. That´s the full fare. I believe they do offer student and senior rates, but these didnt apply in my case, so I didn´t pay attention to rates.

The service was better than I expected -- considering I made reservations for pickup at BJX airport literally hours prior to my landing. They were there on time, waiting at the luggage exit with a sign with my name on it.

The staff is fluent in English. 6 other people (all of them Americans) rode on the same shuttle -- most of them going to their "vacation" homes in SMdA. Some of them had made arrangements with this agency in previous occasions. So, they must be pretty reliable. All in all, good service.

USA
Level Contributor
59 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from Leon airport to San Miguel

Oh, forgot an important detail ... Viajes San Miguel´s website:

http://www.viajessanmiguel.com/

their shuttle services include to/from San Miguel de Allende and Queretaro, Mexico City, and Leon.