We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving a vehicle while touring Copper Canyon

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Vernon, British...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Leaving a vehicle while touring Copper Canyon

We are driving from British Columbia to PV in early March. We want to tour Copper Canyon on our way down. We are unsure where to leave our vehicle while we spend 6 days travelling by train. We could start the train ride from Los Mochas or El Fuerte. Any advice???

4 replies to this topic
Guadalajara, Mexico
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving a vehicle while touring Copper Canyon

Hi , my name is laura i am from Jalisco and I also have friends traveling back to Canada to BC from Mexico in April and we are organizing leaving their crv in el Fuerte at the hotel. We will soon have more info, we are planning our trip together in April 10 , so if you want l will get info for you or pelase contact directly to your choice of Hotel.

start your trip in el Fuerte , as there is nothing between Mochis and el fuerte and you save more than 600 pesos each person , use it in a nice hotel in el Fuerte

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Vernon, British...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving a vehicle while touring Copper Canyon

Hello Laura, thank you for you information. We will be going there around March 5th. I wrote several hotels to see if we could leave our van there while we did the canyon tour. Have not heard anything back. What is the hotel you will be staying in??? We were looking at beginning our trip in El Fuerte.

Guaymas, Mexico
Level Contributor
607 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving a vehicle while touring Copper Canyon

We stayed at El Fuerte Hotel and left our car outside the hotel. They told us it would be safe and it was.

Vernon, British...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving a vehicle while touring Copper Canyon

Thank you for taking the time to respond and letting us know your experience leaving a vehicle. It seems like it will be ok.

Reply to: Leaving a vehicle while touring Copper Canyon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted