We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gate 1 Travel and Copper Canyon

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Gate 1 Travel and Copper Canyon

Has anyone taken the Gate 1 Travel trip to Copper Canyon? Any comments on your trip? Thank you.

20 replies to this topic
Texas
Level Contributor
20 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Gate 1 Travel and Copper Canyon

I went in March and never felt unsafe the whole trip. Our guide was great and made us feel secure.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Gate 1 Travel and Copper Canyon

No, but if you send me a link to the itinerary you are considering, i will review it and give tips/ideas.

(I have been organizing trips to the Copper Canyon since 1999, by the way : )

Best,

Les

www.coppercanyonadventures.com

Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Gate 1 Travel and Copper Canyon

If someone farts in the wrong direction, the State Department issues a warning. They're worse than my yenta grandmother who worries when it's cloudy outside

scottsdale, az
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Gate 1 Travel and Copper Canyon

Alex....................my thoughts exactly.....................I traveled to Guatemala and Cuba (different trips) when the state dept warned against it..............Frankly, I felt less safe when I lived in Chicago !! Just sayin..............

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
Port Charlotte...
4 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Gate 1 Travel and Copper Canyon

I am hoping to do the Gate 1 trip to Copper Canyon-March 31 2018. In need of a female roomate to avoid the nasty single supplement.

Plantation
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Gate 1 Travel and Copper Canyon

Our Gate 1 tour May 2018 from Tuscon to Copper Canyon was very informative and enjoyable, we enjoyed it immensely. We even visited a school in the Copper Canyon area and was very impressed by the children,in the school, teachers and principal.

A very educational trip. Copper canyon was great and our hotel on the rim was lovely.

Our Tour guide was the very best ( Sergio Garcia) He was very knowledgeable and informative he knew the history of Mexico and all on our tour were very impressed with him a very caring well liked and friendly individual. Gate 1 should be very happy to have him and It was certainly a pleasure to have him as our guide.

Mentioned in this post
Tucson
Tucson
Arizona
Mexico
Mexico
North America
florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Gate 1 Travel and Copper Canyon

we have some mobility issues. walking over uneven paths can be problematic. is this a problem when taking the gate 1 copper canyon trip? we would love to do this trip if possible.

chicago
Level Contributor
6 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Gate 1 Travel and Copper Canyon

Just read your review of Gate 1 Copper Canyon tour. We are slated to go in November. My children have informed me they are not happy with this upcoming trip. We just returned from Canadian Rockies with Gate 1 and when I spoke to our guide she spoke highly of the 3 guides who do the Mexico trip. I have to pay final payment soon. Did you ever feel unsafe? It doesn't sound like you had any issues, but maybe I can reassure my family with someone who has just done the same tour? Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Plantation
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Gate 1 Travel and Copper Canyon

We felt very safe it was definitely not an issue and our tour guide was with us at all times.

1 post
Save Reply
20. Re: Gate 1 Travel and Copper Canyon

Tops. I am trying to do it again this year, but just checked and it is marked "inactive". The tour didn't just include the Canyon and rail trip; we went to San Carlos, Mexico, El Fuerte. and a few other very scenic spots. The tour director, Bacho Lopez made the trip very historical and interesting as well as scenic. I would highly recommend it. Tops in accommodations and food as well. The tours may have filled already.

Mentioned in this post
San Carlos
San Carlos
Sonora, Mexico
Reply to: Gate 1 Travel and Copper Canyon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted