We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need advise for my drive from Capr Town to Port Elizabeth

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
need advise for my drive from Capr Town to Port Elizabeth

I finalized my drive from Capr Town to Port Elizabeth,

6th Dec driving form Cape Town to Montagu via Worcester (N1) Robertson (R60 Robertson rd). Staying overnight @ Montagu

7th Dec driving from Montagu to Oudtshoorn via (R-62) Barrydale, Ladismith, Calitzdrop and staying overnight @ Oudtshoorn

8th Dec drive from Oudtshoorn to Knysna either via mossel bay (R-328 and N2) or via George (N12/N9 and N2) and stay overnight @ Knysnar

9th Dec driving from Knysna to Port Elizabeth via N2 to stay overnight @ Port Elizabeth to fly to Jo’burg on 10th morning.

My questions are;

1. What are the areas, sites, sceneries and places I should not miss on my drive on each leg.

2. Recommendation for a hotel/ bed and breakfast in each destination for me and my girl friend to stay (it’s our first trip overseas together). Budget is around $100/= per night.

3. which road I should select to go to Knysna from Oudtshoorn, via Mossel Bay or via Gorge. (I learn that if I go via mossel bay then I can cover full length of garden route, but any comment about road safety, conditions on R328 from oudtshoorn?)

Your assistance regarding above much appreciated

Sanjaya

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need advise for my drive from Capr Town to Port Elizabeth

Accommodation already booked based on tripadvisor revives.

6th Montagu Vines, Montagu, 7th Villa Rustique, Oudtshoorn, 8th Augusta Bay Guest House, Knysna, 9th Manor 38, Port Elizabeth.

If possible please answer my questions 1 and 3

Thanks

Sanjaya

Riebeek-West, South...
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: need advise for my drive from Capr Town to Port Elizabeth

I would head over Swartberg Pass near Oudtshoorn. Infact,try and work in as many of the Capes beautiful passes on the way. Depending on what type of vehicle you are driving,I would consider travelling through Baviaans Kloof.

Kind regards

Lee Rich

African Getaway 4x4 Hire South Africa

3. Re: need advise for my drive from Capr Town to Port Elizabeth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, November 13, 2012