We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in la Celle-Guenand

Garden Route
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in la Celle-Guenand

Where do you go for dinner when sleeping over in La Celle-Guenand? Any recommendations?

Loches
Level Contributor
256 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in la Celle-Guenand

There isn't a lot in la Celle, but about 5km down the road is la Promenade, Jacky Dallaisi restaurant. …abcsalles.com/prive/fr/fiche.php… . They have a Michelin star, and a meal for two (including wine) will be about €100.

Further afield, there are restaurants about 10km away in Preuilly sur Claise(l'Image is recommended)

Where in La Celle are you staying - the Chateau?

Edited: 9:32 am, December 12, 2010
Loches
Level Contributor
256 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in la Celle-Guenand

I meant to add this link, it deals with the area you are staying. …blogspot.com/p/useful-resources-for-loire-v…

Garden Route
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in la Celle-Guenand

Thanks for the info. Yes,we're thinking of staying at the Chateau - your opinion on this? I also see a mension of Chez Grand Ma - I think it is Le Grand Pressigny. Do you know this restaurant?

Loches
Level Contributor
256 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in la Celle-Guenand

Grand Ma is not a favorite - it's very canteen like. For about the same money l'Image in Preuilly sur Claise is a lot better: 3 courses for 18euro (+wine), good service and proper linen on the table. There is a link to it on the page I posted before.

The chateau is fine - very medieval appearance, and comes with a good reputation.

Garden Route
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in la Celle-Guenand

Thanks again for the info - then we will stick to L'Image.La Promenade sounds and looks great, but too expensive.My first choice for staying over was actually Logis du Bief , but they don't take one night bookings for a Friday-night only. We then decided to be a little adventurous and try the Chateau. The blogspot you refer to is very interesting reading material - I read the whole house-renevation diary. Regards

6. Re: Restaurants in la Celle-Guenand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 12, 2011
Get answers to your questions about La Celle-Guenand