We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting from antigua to barbuda

pa
Level Contributor
602 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
getting from antigua to barbuda

how accessible/easy/practical is getting between the two? what's the method (puddle-jumper, ferry, other mode), length of time, etc.? we'd love to see barbuda while in antigua.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
101 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting from antigua to barbuda

Highly recommend going over for the day. We flew over. Flight left around 8 and returned at 5 or so - $110 US round trip pp. We hired a guide for the day for 4 of us to go see the frigate birds and the caves. Had lunch at Uncle Roddy's (great lobster). The tour and lunch was around $85 per person I think. Only thing on top of that was drinks.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,751 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting from antigua to barbuda

I'd also recommend flying to maximise the time you get on the island. Otherwise there's the ferry, or the Excellence day trip (high speed cat).

pa
Level Contributor
602 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting from antigua to barbuda

thanks! i'll definitely keep the plane in mind, but how do you know how much the ferry costs and how long it takes?

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,753 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: getting from antigua to barbuda

Ferry takes about 90 minutes each way. Fare is $135EC (that's about $50US). Go here for more info: antigua-barbuda.com/travel_tourism/informati…

5. Re: getting from antigua to barbuda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Antigua and Barbuda