We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duty free shopping

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Duty free shopping

We will be in Antigua later this month(15th @ cocobay)promised my wife I'd treat her to a nice piece of jewellery in St Johns, I have 2 questions, firstly, are the prices duty free, and if yes ,will I need my passport, thank's in advance,Doog. Ps we can't wait.

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Antigua
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Duty free shopping

Yes and yes and your flight details too.

Regards

Mark

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
503 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Duty free shopping

Only the shops at Heritage Quay, and a few at Redcliffe Quay, are duty free. Anything north of Thames street is not; but there are no real jewellery places in town anyway.

Prices are all quoted in $US and they accept most Credit Cards. It is not a Casablanca Bazaar but you can haggle a bit. Get pushy however, and you have no chance.

You do not need your passport [ and I would strongly advise that they STAY in the room safe back at your hotel until you leave.] but sometimes they ask for evidence of your flight home. Usually just remembering the date and your flight # will be sufficient.

While you are at Coco Bay you have got to try the restaurant next door , Sheer Rocks.......great food and fabulous ambience.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Duty free shopping

Thanks for your reply,will remember the advice about our flight details,concerning Sheer Rocks, I emailed them 2 or 3 weeks ago to book, they emailed back saying they were closed when we are there,disappointed.

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Antigua
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Duty free shopping

Tapas Rocks will be open in the airport grounds though. There are 3 or 4 jewellery stores in Heritage Quay. Diamonds International. Abbots Jewellery and Colombian Emeralds and a couple more. You can be asked to show your passport as well along with your flight details.

5. Re: Duty free shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:42 pm, June 20, 2013