We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great snorkel package

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Thunder Bay
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Great snorkel package

Hi looking for a snorkel package in the tulum area. I have come across but looking at one that have had great response to.

Anything would help.

Snorkel in 2 or 3 places perhaps.

Thanks

Jo

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,991 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great snorkel package

You could do a do-it-yourself package to Akumal - Yalku Lagoon, Half Moon Bay, Akumal Bay.

Wellesley, Ma
Level Contributor
796 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great snorkel package

Amstar tours offers one called the Mayan Adventure - 2 cenotes and Yal-ku. Might be what you are looking for. I've not done it so can't comment. Includes meals, transport, and entrance fees. Do a google search on Amstar Mexico and you will find them.

I am sure there are others.

New York
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Great snorkel package

My husband and I are going on Jan 14th for the 3rd time. We are members of Palace Resorts and I am also a travel agent,so here's my experienced suggestion.We always rent a car online before we go-lots cheaper. This time it is costing us about $180 for 9 days from Hertz-we pick it up at the airport and return it at the airport on the day we are leaving. This way, you can save a ton of money by doing your own day trips when you want. We always go to Xel-Ha, Akumal, Playa del Carmen,etc. Ther are MANY gorgeous beaches and snorkel areas you can visit on your own and save on taxis,etc. I don't understand why more people don't do this-it is so much more fun to do it on your own,not to mention a lot cheaper. If you are a member of Costco,Sams,AAA,ETC, they all offer discounts for car rentals.Worth looking into, believe me! There is also a website-www.locogringo.com that has a TON of valuable info on things to do and see in the Riviera Maya, as well as maps and directions. Hope this was helpful.Feel free to ask me any questions about Riviera Maya before I go this Sunday-can't wait!By the way, I had to respond since my maiden name is Brady!

Thunder Bay
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Great snorkel package

HAHA Cool. Thanks for the help. Brady is my cats name. We are leaving on Jan 15th to the Mayan riviera.

Where we are staying we can take the bus which is only 2 bucks so not to worried about renting a car. When we go over to Cozumel we will rent a car for a day to tour the island and hit the snorkeling spots.

I can't wait to go. Looking to lots of swimming and to see what we can. Our first time to mexico and have had many good tips from reading many many forums and reviews.

Thanks for the help.

Joanne

5. Re: Great snorkel package

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 24, 2009