We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Tulum
Search

Meztli Spanish Language School in Tulum

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
California
Level Contributor
70 posts
7 reviews
2 helpful votes
Meztli Spanish Language School in Tulum
Save

Does anyone have any experience they can share about this Spanish Immersion school in Tulum? meztli.mx

101 replies to this topic
Nashville, Tennessee
1 post
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
91. Re: Meztli Spanish Language School in Tulum
Save

I just finished a week there and very highly recommend it. I took for 3 hours every morning and they did an excellent job. My teachers were Aura and Agustine - they each get 5 stars from me. Meztli organized extras such as cooking and yoga classes, which added to the positive experience. We had a rental car and stayed at Don Diego de la Selva. I am in my 70's with health problems so walking or bicycling was out for me, though many enjoyed coming to school that way. I was the oldest student and the youngest was 7. They accommodate all ages and all levels of Spanish-speaking competence. I very highly recommend it.

San Francisco...
3 posts
92. Re: Meztli Spanish Language School in Tulum
Save

I'm new to TripAdvisor and new to international traveling. I'm planning 12 weeks traveling in Latin America and want to learn some Spanish at the start of my trip. Tulum seems like a great kicking off point and this looks like the school for me.

Level Contributor
126 posts
5 reviews
6 helpful votes
93. Re: Meztli Spanish Language School in Tulum
Save

SFadventure--I am just now planning a return trip to Tulum and to Metzli Language School and saw your post--you are absolutely correct: They are a perfect jumping off point! For me, Metzli School has provided a phenomenal opportunity to learn Spanish. (And fyi, I met other people from around the world doing exactly what you are planning.) The school abides by an immersion approach, but you never feel lost during the lesson. The instructors create an openness that makes it easier to feel a little more confidence in trying to speak. Metzli uses its own materials, and the lessons seem to focus on one grammar concept at a time while integrating vocabulary. I have taken the group lessons for three hours and then added on private lessons. Afterwards, you get a a friendly town, great restaurants, and an unbelievably beautiful beach in which to unwind! The morning yoga and afternoon activities are also in Spanish and a fun way to meet people and broaden the experience. In addition, I have participated in some of the excursions, and they have been comparable in cost --or less -- to tours offered in town but are with some of the people you are studying with, so an opportunity to continue practicing Spanish if you are willing to do it. I can't recommend it more; I have tried taking classes in my home town in the US, and they just don't compare to the Metzli experience. Good luck, and enjoy your travels.

Tulum, Mexico
Level Contributor
10 posts
55 reviews
74 helpful votes
94. Re: Meztli Spanish Language School in Tulum
Save

Amazing school, beautiful gardens, and teachers who obviously love what they do. I did three weeks of study and I absolutely recommend it. Meztli recently added two guest rooms on the same property as the school. At least one person has to be a student. They looked very nice and have air conditioning and mini refrigerators. I think they are very reasonably priced.

Park Rapids...
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
7 helpful votes
95. Re: Meztli Spanish Language School in Tulum
Save

My wife and I took the Metzli Spanish Language School in Tulum Feb 2018. It was a wonderful experience! They put you in small groups of comparable abilities. The morning started with optional yoga in Spanish at 8am, and classes started at nine. Instructors rotated mid morning and ended at noon. They also had optional activities at 5pm, we participated in Salsa dancing and a Mexican cooking class. The setting is a charming courtyard with gardens and palapas. We have already signed up for classes this January when we are back in Tulum!

Michael Perez

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
142 reviews
107 helpful votes
96. Re: Meztli Spanish Language School in Tulum
Save

I had a great time last year and I am returning this year. Really made me welcome. Learnt and made friends. Excellent!

New York City, New...
1 post
1 review
3 helpful votes
97. Re: Meztli Spanish Language School in Tulum
Save

We spent two weeks at Meztli in August and had an AMAZING time. Our two daughters (6 and 8) took daily classes with the amazing staff and my husband took adult classes. We also took advantage of their daily activities (yoga, art, salsa, cooking). It was a fabulous experience. We met so many lovely people and we even did weekend excursions with people who work at the school. It was a wonderful time and we cannot recommend highly enough. It was simply terrific!

Waitsfield...
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
20 helpful votes
98. Re: Meztli Spanish Language School in Tulum
Save

I loved my time at Meztli School! I attended for one week in February 2019 and wished I had planned to stay longer. This school was a great experience on every level, but I have to say the teachers and staff are its greatest assets. They are bright, creative, organized, well-spoken, encouraging, and fun. The physical learning environment is lovely. Learning under the large palapa roof was a delight. The school provided leveled learning materials along with water, coffee, tea, etc to make it even more comfortable. The afternoon enrichment activities were a fun way to practice my language skills. I attended a field trip to the Muyil Ruins and “lazy river” which was a highlight of the experience. I also met many interesting and engaging people (teachers and students). I can’t say enough good things about Meztli School.

California
Level Contributor
70 posts
7 reviews
2 helpful votes
99. Re: Meztli Spanish Language School in Tulum
Save

I'm finally getting back to Tulum this summer for more Spanish classes. I can't wait. Now they offer rooms at the school, I've got one booked as they look nice online. Has anyone stayed in one before?

Tulum, Mexico
Level Contributor
10 posts
55 reviews
74 helpful votes
100. Re: Meztli Spanish Language School in Tulum
Save

The two casitas are really nice and everyone there is so helpful and friendly. You can’t go wrong staying there.

Reply to: Meztli Spanish Language School in Tulum
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted