We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Tulum to Playa del Carmen

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hilltown...
Level Contributor
2,708 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Tulum to Playa del Carmen

Hi - my husband and I will be staying at Nueva Vida for a few days before going to Playacar Palace. We're going to rent a car and are trying to decide weather to pick it up at the airport, drive to Tulum and then drive to PdC and return it OR to get a transfer service to Tulum and then rent and return the car in Tulum and take a taxi to PdC.

In comparing costs, I'm trying to find out the approximate cost of a cab from Nueva Vida to Playacar Palace.

Thanks for your help.

Canada
Level Contributor
5,053 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Tulum to Playa del Carmen

"I'm trying to find out the approximate cost of a cab "

.... 600 - 700 peso's

Edited: 10:17 am, May 14, 2014
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,067 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Tulum to Playa del Carmen

The taxi price from the Chedraui to Playacar is 550 pesos so 650-750 seems reasonable

Your transfer / taxis will likely be equal to about 3-4 days of car rental

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Tulum to Playa del Carmen

Why not take the ADO bus from Tulum to Playa? A lot less than a taxi!

Hilltown...
Level Contributor
2,708 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Tulum to Playa del Carmen

Thanks everyone.

I thought about the bus Beachnickk but I don't want to bother with a schedule (I'm always late!) and luggage on the bus, etc. I'd rather pay for the taxi.

Though it does seem more economical to just rent the car at the airport and return it in Playa. This is our 10th trip to Mexico but only the first time we'll be renting a car.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,067 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Tulum to Playa del Carmen

We rented at the airport (America/Caribbean) and then returned it to their Playa Office - they then drove us to the ferry for Cozumel

Very simple

6. Re: Taxi from Tulum to Playa del Carmen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 16, 2015