We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ADO bus service from Valladolid to Tulum

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
201 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
ADO bus service from Valladolid to Tulum

I had planned to take a bus from Valladolid to Tulum on Dec. 8, and for months there were 5 bus times. I of course tried to pre-book the tickets, but I guess I ran into the non-Mexican credit card issue. Then I was reading all over the forums here how it's not really necessary to pre-order the tickets, so I was going to get them at the Cancun Airport when I landed on Dec. 7.

But of course now, there is only one bus time listed for Dec. 8, and it's not what I want. Does this mean that ADO has cancelled services or that the other bus times are sold out?

If I can't take a bus, should I take a taxi or arrange a private transfer?

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,920 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: ADO bus service from Valladolid to Tulum

Since many posters on here may be new to the ADO system, the possibility that a person who uses it often and knows a given fact is of no value unless it is told to the new user.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,032 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: ADO bus service from Valladolid to Tulum

But I try to keep the information brief rather than endless , confusing information. And believe I gave them good , concise information on the thread.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
201 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: ADO bus service from Valladolid to Tulum

Thanks for the great discussion. I've been reading the Mexico forums for about a year, and I think for posts regarding the ADO website, the recommendations mostly used non-specific and relative terms like, "far out" and "far ahead." Which to me, means a month or more, but clearly actually mean two days or more. Actually, it seems like the ADO website might be a lot like weather sites, not really accurate for planning unless it's the day before or day of! Thanks for all the help!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,032 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: ADO bus service from Valladolid to Tulum

Good thinking, Je_est. It is mostly a very valuable and accurate site and, as said, I use it often. But never have seen a good pattern to how far in advance they firm up the schedules. And at times, in markets where it applies (not this one), they will publish the schedules for their premium GL and Platino schedules prior to publishing the first class. But still, a good tool.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,920 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: ADO bus service from Valladolid to Tulum

I just checked at there are schedules for multiple December dates.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: ADO bus service from Valladolid to Tulum

Guys, it is some other way than ADO bus for this road (Valladolid - Tulum)?

I'm thinking about other bus companies or colectivos, not taxi.

Thanks

Marcin

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,032 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: ADO bus service from Valladolid to Tulum

The other bus companies are Oriente and Mayab--both ADO second class lines. Their schedules are not on line. I try to avoid colectivos so I cannot advise there.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,143 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: ADO bus service from Valladolid to Tulum

or rent a car. Likely under $50 a day

No colectivos go this route

19. Re: ADO bus service from Valladolid to Tulum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 22, 2014