We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help, Is Sunscape Tulum under construction??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kulpmont...
Level Contributor
129 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Help, Is Sunscape Tulum under construction??

My husband and I are ready to wrap up our final plans for vacation in early May. We have seen other mention constuction and didn't think much of it. As we went to book our plans today, the travel agent noticed a flag come up for the resort having some construction. Anyone know to what extent and/or when it might be finished? Should we be concerned and look elswhere or can someone help and convince us to stick with our first choice. Also heard the beach was decent for snorkling. Any comments good or bad would be apprieciated. Have booking process on hold until we can get more info

10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help, Is Sunscape Tulum under construction??

We were at Sunscape Tulum in mid-January; there is construction (site preparation) going on on the south side of the property, but we did not find it objectionable at that time. Some earlier reports mentioned work going on well into the night - we did not experience this at all. Unless your room backs up to the construction area, I don't think it will be a problem at all.

BC,Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help, Is Sunscape Tulum under construction??

We stayed at Sunscape Tulum in late January. We booked ocean view rooms which were right by the construction. There was a little noise during the day, but never early in the morning or at night. I don't think it affected our stay at all. The great food and service more than made up for a little noise. Have fun!

Chicago
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help, Is Sunscape Tulum under construction??

Heard that a new pool was being constructed. Is this true? We head to Sunscape Tulum on March 25th and the only thing that kind of disapointing is the rectangular pool. Our kids did fun freeform pools.