We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me choose the best one

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Santiago, Dominican...
Level Contributor
36 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Help me choose the best one

Hi,

I purchased the tickets for Cancun and are planning to be there with my shy wife from march 4-11, 2014. I have a budget around 300 per night. I dont know where to stay and the more we think the harder that it seems. I asked her to go topless and she told me to get a seclude spot and she will try so we dont plan to rent a car so needs to be close to a restaurant so the dilemma started:

Nueva Vida Ramiro: Nice beds and umbrellas on the beach but has 30 rooms and seems not secluded at all, close to la zebra pretty much on the action. Do Im right?

Suenos Tulum: Nice rooms, secluded area but the palapas are one next to the other and the rooms seems smaller. Also seems a family hotel to much double beds. Do Corazon at NVR are better?, What about Encantada?

Encantada: The rooms around $300 are garden view so if you can get an ocean view for that pricewhy pay more when all is open also the palapas seems cramped on the photos, all together

Casa las Olas: Seems a good choice but it is far from the restaurants and do not include breakfast and also the beds are not as nice as nueva vida de ramiro.

Thanks for your help and Pepper hope to get your wise words

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,104 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me choose the best one

Well...I'm not sure hour wife is going to get the total privacy and seclusion she needs to make your request become a reality. March is high season and Tulum is getting more and more popular.

Suenos kinda sits more or less by itself. Kids/families are regulated to the bottom floors only so it isn exactly crawling with kids.

Nueva Vida has a very wide beach. If you stay in the Corozan section, I'm sure you can find some privacy.

Casa de las Olas is the most remote of any of the hotels. Not sure of their current staus.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,761 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me choose the best one

If she means total privacy, as in no chance of anyone seeing her, you'll probably need to take a walk south or maybe rent a house.

For $300/night you might be able to get the small house called the Oval House, but as Pepper said, March is high season so I'm not sure. Look at VRBO.

The properties in Rancho San Eric, all the way at the south end of the beach, have privacy, and there are a few smaller ones that might work for you. I think you can Google it.

But any day you can take a long walk south and still find a bit of deserted beach. Just bring your towels and plop down anywhere.

Texas
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me choose the best one

if you wife is that shy, is she ok with others topless, it is pretty common in Tulum... We stayed at TDS a few years ago, and NONE of the ladies wore tops on the beach during our stay...Tulum is very laid back, and few care what others are or are not wearing....but would agree with BR and Pepper...you will need to go south for some seclusion, drop the towels (and everything else)....you will a have great time

4. Re: Help me choose the best one

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 07, 2014