We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going (back) to the BPT on May 4th...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Mercury
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Topic
Going (back) to the BPT on May 4th...

Anybody in? :)

toronto
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Going (back) to the BPT on May 4th...

what is the bpt???

Mercury
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Going (back) to the BPT on May 4th...

The Bahia Principe Tulum hotel... and I was only asking if somebody is going there at the same time.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going (back) to the BPT on May 4th...

rrubio-

We won't be there May 4-we are going for the first time at the end of March. I read a reply you made to another post & have a question for you...

You mentioned the mini-bar being stocked with things like M & M's & candy bars. Will we be charged extra for use of these items? I certainly plan to use the bottled water others have mentioned. I just want to be prepared.

Thanks for the info!

jcw
Chicago
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Going (back) to the BPT on May 4th...

Hi Frozen'inWI- we are going the end of March also, flying out of Chicago. Are you leaving from Milwaukee? We are flying out of OHare (an Apple Vacation) on the 28th- only 38 more days to go!!!!!!!! Lots of great information to find on this site.... I like to go prepared also and this is the place for information and reviews on everything from your ride from the airport to the food, to the beaches, excursions, shopping ,etc.

Will you be there the same time as us?

JCW

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going (back) to the BPT on May 4th...

We will return on March 28. You have the pleasure of starting your wonderful vacation as we are trying to accept that ours is over!

I agree-this site is great! I love reading anything that I can!

jcw
Chicago
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Going (back) to the BPT on May 4th...

Sorry we will miss you!

Have fun! We can't wait to go!

JCW

Mercury
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Going (back) to the BPT on May 4th...

Frozen.

The minibar contents are included, and what I found normally was: water, soda cans, beer, fruit juice, potato chips (one bag), one "three musketeers" and one "milky way".

It seemed to me that they refilled the minibar daily... not so sure in all the items, but at least the water IS restocked daily. One important thing, the contents you don't use won't be restocked.

Now, as the water seems to be one of your concerns, I'll detail more:

First, don't worry about it. Inside the BPT/A you will never be more than 50 meters from a bar or restaurant... so you'll never be thirsty or hungry, unless you want to fasten :)

Second, the tap water at the hotel is safe. I brushed my teeth with it and a couple of times I forgot and drank from it and Moctezuma never appeared. OUTSIDE the hotel you have to be extremely cautious.

Third, ice, salads and fruit, and all the food in general seems to be safe.

Fourth, the minibar is stocked and restocked to have 2 big water bottles every day. If you're a hardened traveller, you'll know what to do if you need more, if not, just ask :)

Fifth, be kind to the workers, smile, relax and have a wonderful time...

If you need more info just ask away... this is one of my favourite topics!!!