We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Second Trip Dilemma!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Second Trip Dilemma!

Struggling to make a decision for our second trip to Tulum I October. Last time stayed at Ocho Tulum now closed, and loved the style and level of relaxed service and comfort. Have to say we struggled a little without A/C but we survived with a fan and the 24Hr power.

Had been about to book The Beach for a little more luxury and A/C but now can’t make up our minds! And the cheaper rooms seem to be closed for refurbishment. Drawn to the look of Playa Azul, Mestizo, Rosa Del Viento and Luv Tulum – we will be in Tulum for 8 nights to want to get it right! Any ideas, every time I look things are no longer available or price has gone up so we need to decide asap, thanks

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,106 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Second Trip Dilemma!

Rosa del Viento has a/c and might be closer to what you want. They are localled at the very south end of the hotel zone. Not a big deal if you have a car. But might be a pain if you want to go to other restaurants farther up the road. Look at this map: http://www.alltulumhotels.com/

Ahau also has some rooms with a/c - the lower units, I believe. This location is more central to the beach.

Otherwise, LUV has some nice rooms. Playa Azul is too busy for my tastes - they have an onsite beach club.

2. Re: Second Trip Dilemma!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 25, 2014