We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bikes for sale in Tulum?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Manhattan Beach...
4 posts
Save Topic
Bikes for sale in Tulum?

Hi, my friend I are staying in Tulum for five weeks and the rental owner told us there would be bikes for us to use. Alas this is not the case. Bikes were going to be our only mode of transportation. So we're looking to buy two bikes. I've read it would be cheaper to buy rather than rent for an extended period of time. Can you recommend somewhere to purchase new or used bikes in Tulum? We're looking for inexpensive options. $100 or so per bike would be ideal.

Thanks, Hannah

(Sorry if this was a duplicate post. I don't think it worked the first time. But I'm not sure.)

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,855 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bikes for sale in Tulum?

Go to the Chedraui or San Fran stores to see if they have them

Check out the bike rentals in the Pueblo a block south of San Fran (on the west side of Hwy 307)

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
179 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bikes for sale in Tulum?

iBike Tulum sells used bikes on occasion. They are located on Boca Paila near Teetotum Hotel a block or so after turning off 307/Tulum Ave towards the beach. They also will buy your bike (new) back from you if you'd like to go that route.

Manhattan Beach...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bikes for sale in Tulum?

Thanks so much for the info. We checked out Chedruai, but they were all uncomfortable-looking mountain bike styles, no beach cruisers. And iBike was actually closed. We found a great little family-run hardware store/bike shop in the pueblo a few blocks of Ave. Tulum. We spent a little more than we'd have liked, but they're great for what we need them for. Thanks for the info on iBike possibly buying them from us when we leave. Will be sure to check that out!

Winnipeg, MB
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bikes for sale in Tulum?

Want to rent a condo for 4 weeks and see some come with bikes, others do not. Anyone know approx cost of renting a bike for a month. Also, has anyone bought new and then sold back and what was the net cost?

Would probably rent a condo with bikes even if it is a little more expensive and trust that bikes will be there.

Just want to know what we are getting into.

Thanks

5. Re: Bikes for sale in Tulum?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 30, 2015