We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost our GoPro Hero 3 video camera in ocean. Tulum honeymoon

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Austin, TX
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Lost our GoPro Hero 3 video camera in ocean. Tulum honeymoon

GoPro Hero 3 with included footage of our honeymoon week in the Yucatan, Tulum, Cozumel and northeast region of Mexico Yucatan peninsula, was lost while surfing. We had an amazing Honeymoon with footage that included our dream swim with whale sharks off the coast of Isla Holbox. It also had scuba diving in Cozumel, horseback on the beach in Holbox, mayan temples, bike rides, ado bus rides, golf carts on islands, surfing and our hotel at Ahua in Tulum. We would love the camera back, but if you insisted on keeping the camera pleaaaaaase just give us the footage back of our dream honeymoon. Thanks world, i know you will pull together on this! :)

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Holbox Island
Holbox Island
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,215 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lost our GoPro Hero 3 video camera in ocean. Tulum honeymoon

Was it stolen? Or lost...while surfing?

Where were you when it happened?

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,990 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lost our GoPro Hero 3 video camera in ocean. Tulum honeymoon

Try Googling "lost camera" - there are several websites out there dedicated to trying to reunite lost cameras with their owners. Maybe notify the local dive shops too, in case anyone comes across it.

Good luck!

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lost our GoPro Hero 3 video camera in ocean. Tulum honeymoon

It was lost very near the edge of the beach right out front of the beach hammocks at Ahua. In fact if you are sitting on the furthest right hammock facing the ocean, it fell in probably 80 feet to the right and 50 feet out.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,215 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lost our GoPro Hero 3 video camera in ocean. Tulum honeymoon

Oh man!! I hope someone finds it. It's like a tumbler out there and who knows what direction it could have gone with the current.

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lost our GoPro Hero 3 video camera in ocean. Tulum honeymoon

So true! I searched for two days with a snorkel but I know it's still there. I saw the same trash getting tumbled around for 3 days in roughly the same spot. the first calm clear day I know it's going to show up in that rock/coral area just off the beach.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,980 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lost our GoPro Hero 3 video camera in ocean. Tulum honeymoon

I'm sure you've written to the folks at Ahau already--they'll keep an eye out for it!

Mentioned in this post
Ahau Tulum
Ahau Tulum
1,085 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
7. Re: Lost our GoPro Hero 3 video camera in ocean. Tulum honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, June 30, 2014