We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

electrical outlets at BPT

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Macomb, MI
Level Contributor
162 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
electrical outlets at BPT

Has anyone had any problems with using the electrical outlets for blow dryers, curling irons, phone chargers, and such while you were there? Do we need to get an adaptor? Any info on this would be great. Also, has anyone from the States used their cell phone with success down there? Let me know. Thanks again. Angie

Oakfield, WI
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: electrical outlets at BPT

Amhorsch

Yes, the outlets need adaptors. Your curling irons and blowdryers do not work in them. All you have to do is go up to the front desk and ask for them. They make you sign for them just to make sure they get them back. They are no charge if you return them. My cell phone did not work down there. I would do the calling card thing. If you call home from your room the cost is $5 a minute. Also the calling cards only work if you go into town and use them. They do not have a phone that takes the calling cards. You could call collect if you really needed to call home.

canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: electrical outlets at BPT

We used the receptacle in the bathroom for hair dryer and to charge the battery on our video camera. Didn't require an adapter. The receptacles in the living room would not accept our cords.

Green Bay, WI
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: electrical outlets at BPT

Do the rooms have hair dryers in them? Brochure says they do, but want to be sure I don't have to bring mine. We are finding this site so helpful. Lots of great tips!!

Thanks!!

Oakfield, WI
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: electrical outlets at BPT

yes there is a blowdryer in the room.