We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulum to Belize

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Reedley, Ca
5 posts
Save Topic
Tulum to Belize

Has anyone driven from Tulum to Belize? How safe?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,495 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Tulum to Belize

There is no water taxi/ferry service to Placencia from anywhere in northern Belize. I'd take Robert's advice and fly from the Municipal airstrip in Belize City to Placencia.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,843 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Tulum to Belize

It is not so long a trip in a rental car from Belize City to Placencia - about 2 hours, a pretty drive on the Hummingbird Highway.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Tulum to Belize

Thank you - I appreciate your response.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,495 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Tulum to Belize

It's more like three hours from Belize City to Placencia, and, that's if you don't stop anywhere. Short flight though.

Puerto Aventuras...
2 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Tulum to Belize

Will Have full report by Wednesday November 20, 2013

Puerto Aventuras...
2 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Tulum to Belize

I fley out but me esposa news 180 days renewed.....going to stay on the beach south of Playa Dl Carmen the winter then on south

Edmonton, Alberta...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Tulum to Belize

Yes we have driven 2 times from Cancun, through Tulum to Belize City. Hopefully your trip was as uneventful as our has been.

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
18. Re: Tulum to Belize

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to get from Tulum to Belize City on the 28th of December. I'm looking at the ADO bus site but there doesn't seem to be an option for Belize city. If anyone who has done this trip recently could let me know how they booked it that would be much appreciated. Or if there's a car rental service where I could pick up in Tulum and drop in Belize City that anyone is aware of that would be great too.

Thanks so much!

Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,843 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Tulum to Belize

Mexico and Belize are two different counties. The Mexican ADO bus goes to Chetumal on the border then you need to go through customs and get a Belize bus. No drop off for a rental car from Mexico to Belize either.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,399 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Tulum to Belize

The ADO bus goes directly from Cancun, Playa and Tulum to Belize city. No need to stop in Chetumal. For some reason , ADO has never shown it on their website but it operates daily. This link has a little information about the bus to Belize. I believe the departure time from Tulum is just after midnight.

http://www.gettingtobelize.com/