We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfare to Tulum from Albany, NY

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nassau, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Airfare to Tulum from Albany, NY

Anyone know when the best time to buy your airfare (cheapest rates). We are going April, 2014. I know I can't book for a few months but am wondering if I should wait till next year to buy or buy sooner?

maine
Level Contributor
509 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airfare to Tulum from Albany, NY

We usually fly from Manchester, NH or Portland, Maine. I start looking as soon as the rates come on line. In the past few years, I have booked within a few weeks of that time. I have never seen our fares drop ( and I do check periodically). Not sure what other people's experiences have been. It might be due to the small regional market (which would probably be even larger than yours, as MHT is used a secondary airport to BOS)?

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,646 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airfare to Tulum from Albany, NY

Missmarley has a good point about the size of the airport. We can't plan anything longer than 8 weeks out due to my husband's work schedule so I can't comment on buying airfare so far out.

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airfare to Tulum from Albany, NY

For the past couple of years I have noticed the airfare (from our region/city) was the best for the first month (11 months out) that the airfare came out for the time period we were going on certain airlines. Others seemed to have the best price about 4 to 6 months out. That said, In the past IMO airlines would have sales to fill planes below a certain level of reservations. Today, it seems the airlines would rather cancel/consolidate flights when the number of reservations are below a certain level.

4. Re: Airfare to Tulum from Albany, NY

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Tulum