We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recommendation for a cabin with good ocean breeze

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
New York City, New...
8 posts
Save Topic
recommendation for a cabin with good ocean breeze

I was wondering if anyone has a recommendations for a cabin in Tulum that would get a good sea breeze? I really want to get some decent sleep at night.

Does having a fan help? It seems (according to my research), there is a high possibility that power will go out at night, so does having a fan even matter?

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,996 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: recommendation for a cabin with good ocean breeze

Having fans does help a lot and very few places drop power overnight anymore, but you need to tell us when you're planning on traveling and what your budget is per night. Thanks!

New York City, New...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: recommendation for a cabin with good ocean breeze

My budge is around $150 a night for travel in May/June.

I looked at the Estrella/Viento rooms at Nueva vida de ramiro. They seem to be a good value and I'm hoping being high up, there will be more ocean breeze.

Coco Tulum seem like a good value and look very chic, but I can't find out if they provide fans in their cabins. Also I've read that their beach is not that great and they don't have enough beach loungers.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Nueva Vida de Ramiro
Nueva Vida de Ramiro
958 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Coco Tulum
Coco Tulum
836 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: recommendation for a cabin with good ocean breeze

For $150/night, closest to the ocean (but with nice shade from the palm trees), amazing wide, quiet beach (it's on the south end, near Zamas) check out Posada dos Ceibas...specifically the Mariposa and Boquinete rooms. We loved our stay there!

Mentioned in this post
Zamas
Zamas
644 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: recommendation for a cabin with good ocean breeze

For $150/night, closest to the ocean (but with nice shade from the palm trees), amazing wide, quiet beach (it's on the south end, near Zamas) check out Posada dos Ceibas...specifically the Mariposa and Boquinete rooms. We loved our stay there! They have fans in the rooms, as well.

Mentioned in this post
Zamas
Zamas
644 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
chicago
Level Contributor
8,825 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: recommendation for a cabin with good ocean breeze

i agree that the beach by coco tulum is not as nice as it is down by om

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,218 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: recommendation for a cabin with good ocean breeze

Electricity is much more consistent these days. You will want a fan that runs all night....especially into June. In your other post, you mention wanting to eat at Hartwood. If you want to stay near them, try Nueva Vida or Tita Tulum.

Otherwise, try La Luna. Maybe Posada Lamar.

Mentioned in this post
Hartwood
Hartwood
1,562 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Posada Lamar
Posada Lamar
299 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,996 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: recommendation for a cabin with good ocean breeze

$150 in May/June is definitely do-able. Also look at LuvTulum, all of their best rooms are $145 in May and June, they have fans, all have great views and storage and I believe they include a full breakfast in the rate. Really nice style, too, and comfy beds.

If you decide you really want a/c, Cabanas Tulum has a good rate in their basic beachfront rooms for early booking (60 days in advance). I think but am not sure that they also include full breakfast.

For style and space and charm and great beach furniture, I would choose Luv over CT, just putting it out there for your consideration.

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Luv Tulum
Luv Tulum
349 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
New York City, New...
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: recommendation for a cabin with good ocean breeze

LuvTulum looks lovely.

I think my number one choice is Luv, followed by Nueva vid de ramio, cabanas tulum

If those aren't available, then maybe Playa Selve(La Duna Room). Rosa Del Viento looks new and nice (I'm not sure if I want to stay that far south).

Coco Tulum seems to have had renovations, I wonder if fan/lounge chair issues are fixed. Maybe I should look into Playa Azul.

Mentioned in this post
Luv Tulum
Luv Tulum
349 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Rosa del Viento
Rosa del Viento
818 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Coco Tulum
Coco Tulum
836 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Playa Azul
Playa Azul
175 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,996 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: recommendation for a cabin with good ocean breeze

I would go ahead and write to the top three choices and see what they have available. If you go with Luv, feel free to come back and ask about the choices they give you; I can tell you which ones are uppers, lowers, better or worse.

Rosa del Viento is very nice but they don't have many rooms with two equal beds (you didn't actually say if you want that or not, so feel free to correct me if you're looking for king beds and not two separate beds), and you're right, they are very far south. Very nice down there but I think you will prefer being in the "heart" of the beach zone.

Mentioned in this post
Luv Tulum
Luv Tulum
349 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Rosa del Viento
Rosa del Viento
818 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
New York City, New...
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: recommendation for a cabin with good ocean breeze

We would prefer two beds but don't mind sharing if we have to, so it's not a deal breaker.

Just trying to find the balance of nice beach with plenty of loungers and being close to things.