We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulum Car Rental at Cancun Aiport

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Tulum Car Rental at Cancun Aiport

Hi, all. We're looking to rent a car for our upcoming trip at the end of the month. I understand that Tulum Car rental (which is the same as cancunrentacar.com and america car rental, correct?) & Easyway were both highly recommended by many of you. I was going to try Tulum Car Rental at the airport b/c they seem to have some 2013 models. Can you tell me why when I try to see the quotes online, tulumcarrental.com.mx will give cheaper rate than cancunrentacar.com or america-carrental.com? Will they still honor that the cheaper quote I got when I get there? I emailed them about this, but they stopped answering my questions after giving me even higher rates. I do want to get it at the airport not in Tulum. Your expertise are deeply appreciated!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,103 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tulum Car Rental at Cancun Aiport

Really, I don't about the rate question. But do be advised that area rental companies are notorious for confirming late model cars and giving you something total different when you arrive. I wouldn't have much faith in the late model claims.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tulum Car Rental at Cancun Aiport

As I wrote in another post yesterday, we just had a very good first-time experience with TCR last week. We had a printout of our quoted rate, and that's the rate we paid...but they didn't have the car we had originally requsted. So we got a free upgrade. Everyone was courteous, both in Tulum where we started and during our dropoff in PDC. They wil definitely be the starting point of our research for next year. Buena Suerte to you!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tulum Car Rental at Cancun Aiport

Thank you Robert & playaguya for your response. It seems to be unrealistic to think that we'll get the car we thought we reserved online. I originally thought of going w/Easyway, but have read in some recent posts that they had to switch the car in the middle of their vacay. I just didn't want to risk that. Either company we go, we will print out & present the online quote for sure. Thank you again!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,912 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tulum Car Rental at Cancun Aiport

Lol!!...We usually never get the car we reserved!! But they adjust the rate for the car and off we go. Keep an open mind and don't get too much into a tizz. If you want a nicer car, I think Executive has newer cars...and you'll pay a higher price for it!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tulum Car Rental at Cancun Aiport

thank you, pepper, for your feedback. We don't need a nice car. We just didn't want to get a car that breaks down in the middle of our short vacay. Seems like there are some recent posts about Easyway's car having issues, & needed to have it exchanged. That's why I thought of going with TCR. That's all.

Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tulum Car Rental at Cancun Aiport

Hi everyone!

I travel to Cancun, Riviera Maya and Tulum in 12 days

I book my car in http://www.tulumcarrental.com.mx/

I found cheap, safe and had good cars. You say you have all insurances including

But not if it is reliable....

What you can say?

Good cars? Safe, comfortable, clean?

They charge more taxes or extra money to go pick it up?

Thanks

Susana

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,435 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tulum Car Rental at Cancun Aiport

just remember they charge extra $ to get EPC (zero deductible)

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,576 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tulum Car Rental at Cancun Aiport

Easyway does not include the EPC in their bundle either according to the website . I'm not sure that EPC is available at all anymore through Tulum Car Rental , according to their website . The big difference is that Easyways deductible is only $500,00 and Tukum's is $1500,00 . I have always dealt with Tulum through Cancun or their America brand but am looking at new options because the lack of EPC leaves me holding a $1500.00 risk and Easyway's risk is only $500.00 should you decline the EPC . For $500.00 declining the EPC is reasonable choice since tires and glass may be excluded anyway . There were price differences within the Tulum /America brands when I checked last and this was due to implementing new coverage and removing the EPC in different ways . We've only received better cars and price quotes were always honoured .

Edited: 2:04 pm, March 10, 2013
Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tulum Car Rental at Cancun Aiport

Many Thanks, but is a safety company?

Should I rent the car with the company?

xoxox

Susana

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tulum Car Rental at Cancun Aiport

As i already said above - We just had an excellent experience with T-C-R - and I mean less than 2 weeks ago. Their price included EPC, it was significantly cheaper than Easyway, they met us at the bus station in Tulum, we got a free upgrade when our Tsuru wasn't available, there was no dropoff charge for PDC, both agents in T and in PDC were polite, efficient, and helpful. We will definitely look at them for our next trip, without hesitation. In fact, it was probably our best experience so far with renting a car in Mexico