We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

February honeymoon in Tulum - help!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
February honeymoon in Tulum - help!

Hi everyone,

I am planning a honeymoon to Tulum in February 2014 and I'm really having trouble finding the right place to stay.

My budget is £3000 ($4500) but this must cover flights, accommodation and also cover at least some costs towards food.

I live in the UK and the cheapest I can expect to pay for flights is £700 each, which leaves £1,600 ($2400). If I leave £500 to the side towards food/spending money, then I only have £1100 ($1600, so $114 per night) for somewhere to stay, and ideally I'd like to stay in Tulum for 2 weeks.

Straightaway I looked at Cabanas La Lunas, however they already have reservations in the rooms within my price range.

I'd really like to stay in a beach-front cabana, but as it is my honeymoon, i'd also like a little bit of luxury - this rules out some places such as CoCo and Ahau as they have shared bathrooms, and i'd like to have a private bathroom.

It'd also be really cool if it was within walking distance of Tulum town too.

So, does anyone have any pointers? I hope i'm not being too picky!

Thank you! :)

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
5,620 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: February honeymoon in Tulum - help!

Oh, and of course, Tita Tulum! Much closer to your budget. Not a lot of luxury, but beachfront porches with hammocks. Nice.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: February honeymoon in Tulum - help!

Thanks everyone! We've kinda made a u turn and booked an AI in puertos aventuras for most of our stay, but still definitely want to spend a few days in Tulum. I think we will revisit Nuevo vido de ramiro, cabanas ixchel, mezzanine and Coco.

I'm also going to contact cabanas las Luna again as originally we couldn't book a full two weeks there, but now maybe they can accept us for a shorter stay - I've heard it is situated on a fantastic part of the beach.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
5,620 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: February honeymoon in Tulum - help!

Yes, do see what La Luna might have for you on your revised dates, it's such a great place with great heart you'll really love it.

Nueva Vida would be my second choice; I would tend to direct you a bit away from Mezzanine, since your goal in coming to Tulum is to stay on the fabulous beach--Mezz is a lovely hotel with a great restaurant (I highly recommend going to the restaurant one afternoon for lunch and happy hour, the views are great), but it's up on a cliff and won't give you that same sense of being "on the beach".

Ixchel is very cool, more old-school Tulum cabana style from what I can tell, but very far south on the beach. Great for privacy but a longer walk to the more popular restaurants (though there is Rosa del Viento right next door so you won't starve lol).

Coco is a great choice, look at Tita Tulum as well and see how it feels to you, very basic but cheap.

Has your budget changed at all, or are you still looking to stay under $120 per night for your bed in Tulum?

14. Re: February honeymoon in Tulum - help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 17, 2014