We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Beach--Tulum

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The Beach--Tulum

Any one have any feedback on cabanas tulum new concept called The Beach-tulum. The rooms look awesome some have roofdecks, I think it just opened up. Usually stay at NV but thinking of splurging for a couple nites cause the rooms look so nice.

No TA reviews yet though

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: The Beach--Tulum

How are the partial sea rooms at cabanas tulum? That is all that is left with them and i worry that with not much breeze and no air during the day we will cook. THE BEACH looks so much nicer but we have 2 children!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,799 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: The Beach--Tulum

Can you start yourself a new thread focusing on your needs? Time of year, budget, etc. it helps so you can get better answers.

portland, oregon
Level Contributor
95 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: The Beach--Tulum

mamasea- can you leave your kids at home?

Oregon
Level Contributor
378 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: The Beach--Tulum

bula110-Thats funny! Com'on we couples, singles, seniors, etc. have to have a little spot to ourselves! Not to Hijack the thread but I was looking at the Cabanas Tulum too and saw what looked like a partial wall between units? Is it private enough? I am curious about The Beach too but probably out of our price range...

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,604 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: The Beach--Tulum

Kimber - Are you talking about the patios on the front of the units at Cabanas Tulum? These patios are not private at all. Other guests walk in front to get to their rooms and anybody on the beach can see you. Its just like a front porch on each room.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
5,957 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: The Beach--Tulum

Mamasea, yes, it will get hot in the rooms during the day--a/c is only from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m., but I think they expect most people won't be in the rooms during the day much. There aren't sitting areas or anything like that, just beds and a bathroom, so you might as well stay outside all day except to run up and use the bathroom or something.

Los Lirios has a/c 24/7. Not much character, but if having a/c on a budget is important to you, maybe check them out. They have a small pool as well (no shade around it so it gets hot during the day, but a way to get wet if the sea is too rough for swimming).

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,604 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: The Beach--Tulum

We spent almost no time in our rooms at Cabanas Tulum other than sleeping. During the day we were on the beach in the sun, on the beach under the palms, sitting on our patio, playing in the water, at the bar, at the restaurant, at the bar of the hotel down the way, walking down the beach, out sightseeing... This area is so beautiful that it seemed a waste to spend any more time inside than we had to :)

28. Re: The Beach--Tulum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, May 01, 2014