We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riviera Maya - which hotel?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Liège, Liege...
8 posts
Save Topic
Riviera Maya - which hotel?

We are 2 girls going to Playa del Carmen or Tulum, which of those 3 hotels should we prefer?

We re looking for nice hotel, in a nice place, close to the ruins, cenotes and so on... Last but not the least, we want to have a good time ( nice days and evenings) without spending too much money...

Oasis Tulum

Riu Lupita

Riu Tequila

Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa

Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Hotel Riu Lupita
Hotel Riu Lupita
3,132 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Hotel Riu Tequila
Hotel Riu Tequila
8,462 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Catalonia Yucatan Beach
Catalonia Yucatan Beach
2,181 Reviews
Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,980 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riviera Maya - which hotel?

You may want to post this question on the Riviera Maya forum as Tulum only has one AI even within shouting distance (Dreams). All of the hotels you mention are much farther north.

Tulum is an area of small, eco-friendly cabana hotels. I'm going with one of my girlfriends in April and we expect to have a wonderful time (as I have always had in over 20 trips to Tulum). We're close to the ruins, close to cenotes, close to the people and especially close to the water. At a big resort you'll have to walk down a hallway, down an elevator/stairs, out across a patio, past the pool and then to the beach. In Tulum, you open the door of your room directly onto the sand and the water is 50 yards away.

So if you change your mind about the big resort, let us know! :-)

Mentioned in this post
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Middletown, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riviera Maya - which hotel?

hi - i'm looking to get away for about 4 nights and i want to relax....spa treatments and beach are my top priorities. I've been looking at the Maya Spa..seems like they don't have on-site accommodations and you have to book at one of 3 hotels: Azulik, Zahara or Copal....any thoughts on where to stay? i read reviews and Azulik seems to be the best of those three. Any recommendations for other spas or hotels walking distance to spas? I want to enjoy the local flair, food and any historical sites if possible. THANK you!

Mentioned in this post
Maya Spa
Maya Spa
48 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Azulik
Azulik
1,509 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
3. Re: Riviera Maya - which hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 26, 2014