We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachfront rooms with a kitchen

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sonoma
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Topic
Beachfront rooms with a kitchen

We are planning to go to Tulum in early March. Does anyone know a beach front hotel or condo that has kitchen facilites? Thank you

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,563 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachfront rooms with a kitchen

I think it was Playa Mambo that was going to add a communal kitchen for guests.

Studio Hechizo has a small kitchen, if I'm remembering correctly.

Otherwise, you would need to rent a house. No condos in Tulum along the beach. Houses to look at that aren't too big for a couple are Casa Limon and Bonita.

Not sure if you are aware that Tulum is off the grid. I mention this since you are looking for a condo...many condos in Akumal.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
5,726 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachfront rooms with a kitchen

I agree; if you're looking for a true condo, you won't find it in Tulum. Having said that, depending on your budget and the level of cooking you plan to do (the Family room at Azucar has a fridge and a hot plate, for example), we might have a few suggestions for you. There are a few lovely small houses and some really lovely large houses as well. So what's your budget and how much space do you need?

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,249 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beachfront rooms with a kitchen

try the bays just north

Soliman or Tankay Bay

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,563 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beachfront rooms with a kitchen

Casa de las Olas has a room or two with a kitchen option.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,891 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beachfront rooms with a kitchen

Nueva Vida has their "Casa Mexicana": 2 bedroom, 2 bath, w/ living room & full kitchen. It's set slightly back from the beach (like 40 ft), but has nice beach views and is essentially beachfront.

Lacey, Washington
Level Contributor
175 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beachfront rooms with a kitchen

Hi,

We stayed in the Oval Villa of the Los Arcos property. It is very cute and beachfront. We have found it to be one of the most reasonably priced in the area for getting a full house...small dining area, living area, and a full kitchen. Don't know how many people you have with you, but there are two queen beds here. It was about $140-$160 per night in the Summer. I realize it may be higher in March. Also, if the Oval Villa isn't available, they have two other studios right behind for less money. They are smaller, but both have kitchenettes with small fridge and stove. You can find them on VBRO or rentalsyourway.com.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,563 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beachfront rooms with a kitchen

Just want to clarify. I think it was Las Palmas Maya that was adding the communal kitchen; not Playa Mambo.

8. Re: Beachfront rooms with a kitchen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 16, 2014