We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Bahia Principe Tulum

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Bahia Principe Tulum

Hello.

We are staying at Grand Bahia Principe Tulum and I wondered what money people took.

Mexican Pesos or American Dollars? I have friends who have been to other areas of Mexico who one time took Pesos and would of been better with American Dollars, and the 2nd time took American Dollars and would of been better with Mexican.

Any help would be great as we would like to know what to tell our family to exchange as our wedding present!

Thanks

Rachel

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,461 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Tulum

Mexican Pesos since you are going to Mexico.

Edited: 7:15 am, November 20, 2012
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Tulum

Thanks! I wasnt sure which was best as some places in Mexico use American Dollars as that what the waiters prefer as tips apparently but I agree, I wouldnt use Euros in England so why use Dollars in Mexico!

Thanks!

Reading UK
Level Contributor
35 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Tulum

We are making our first visit to Mexico in May, when I asked our travel agent she said american dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so guess either will suffice!!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Tulum

Its all down to the tipping really I think, depends what they prefer and got to keep them happy! :0) When do you go Ali W?

5. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Tulum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, December 16, 2013