We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't do NVR so where to stay?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
texas
Level Contributor
511 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Can't do NVR so where to stay?

I'm really disappointed in NVR. It is my absolute fav place to stay in Tulum and I tried to book alma del mar for June but yet tey will not honor the price they have listed on the website so looking at other options! Will I be disappointed on a ocean front room at cabanas Tulum?

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,215 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't do NVR so where to stay?

Hold the press!!! NVR won't honor the prices listed on THEIR site???

texas
Level Contributor
511 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't do NVR so where to stay?

So this isn't new???? I haven't had a problem before but I am not dealing with roger either who use I do the booking...... If they run their business like that then I'm not interested in staying there anyway but man it makes me sad!!!!!

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
17,158 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't do NVR so where to stay?

NRV was my 1st choice too, but they are totally booked the week we will be there too. So we are looking at Cabanas Tulum - waiting to hear back about our reservation request right now, in fact. Most of the reviews are excellent, so we feel pretty good about it as an alternate choice.

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,215 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't do NVR so where to stay?

I haven't heard of any hotel not honoring their posted rates. That's bad business; plain and simple.

So....Cabanas Tulum gets great reviews but I'm not sure what room category you might be considering. I wonder if their rooms have less personality than what you are used to.

You should condsider LUV and Casa Violeta. Maybe Shambala Petit too. Look over the reviews and see if it is a good fit.

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Luv Tulum
Luv Tulum
349 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Casa Violeta
Casa Violeta
179 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Shambala Petit Hotel
Shambala Petit Hotel
163 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
texas
Level Contributor
511 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can't do NVR so where to stay?

thanks pepper! i checked them both out and luv's prices for low season is perfect for beachfront and the rooms look very nice! it will be hard to be so close to nvr and not be there but i think luv may do the trick!! and still close to la zebra and om!! thanks for the suggestion!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,215 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can't do NVR so where to stay?

Great! Enjoy it!! I know it will be difficult to wait... :-)

texas
Level Contributor
511 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can't do NVR so where to stay?

ok, i haven't given up completely on nvr yet, just can't seem to do it. check out my new post and help me out with the three choices!! thanks!

8. Re: Can't do NVR so where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 02, 2013