We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Help! Budget Accommodation in Tulum with Strong Wifi

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
New Zealand
Level Contributor
23 posts
195 reviews
Save Topic
Please Help! Budget Accommodation in Tulum with Strong Wifi

I really need to find some nice budget accommodation in Tulum with good wifi.

I was there about 8 years ago and we stayed in Cabanas on the beach for about $20 a night for 2 people. It seems that things have changed a lot since then.

Is it possible to get good internet near the beach? We don't want to spend more than $30 a night and would prefer closer to the $20 mark for a private room.

Also somewhere that may be happy to store some stuff for us for a few weeks while we are in Cuba

All suggestions welcome!

Also someone suggested a lovely cheap hostel called El Punto but I can't find contact details for them - only for the Hotel. If anyone has a way to contact them please let me know.

Thanks so much!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
23 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Please Help! Budget Accommodation in Tulum with Strong Wifi

Thanks so much :)

New Zealand
Level Contributor
23 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Please Help! Budget Accommodation in Tulum with Strong Wifi

I never followed up on this - but we stayed in Tulum Town for quite a long time and in several places in the end!

For those looking for budget options in Tulum Town we highly recommend Chalupa Hostel which is a pretty new hostel that is more spacious and with a better kitchen than most hostels. We also got stuck at one point and stayed at Weary Traveler which we do not recommend, it was horrible but cheap.

A fantastic mid priced option was Secret Garden which has gorgeous little self contained cabanas with kitcheonettes and as for hotels we loved Don Diego De La Selva which is a lovely hotel with pool, set in the jungle.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,785 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Please Help! Budget Accommodation in Tulum with Strong Wifi

Thanks for coming back and letting us know! Do you know if Secret Garden has any rooms with two relatively equal beds (i.e., for friends traveling together and sharing costs, not for a family). I really love the way that little property looks.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
23 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Please Help! Budget Accommodation in Tulum with Strong Wifi

Yes, our cabana had two beds, one downstairs and one up on a mezzanine, they are not in separate rooms as such, but on separate levels in the same room. I am pretty sure they are both double beds, but I didn't actually look upstairs when we were there.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,785 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Please Help! Budget Accommodation in Tulum with Strong Wifi

Great to know, thanks!

16. Re: Please Help! Budget Accommodation in Tulum with Strong Wifi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:01 pm, September 15, 2013
17. Re: Please Help! Budget Accommodation in Tulum with Strong Wifi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, September 17, 2014