We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Azulik

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
242 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Azulik

Does anyone know if the recent TA reviews for Azulik are accurate - horrible service, rats, etc.? Many thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Azulik
Azulik
1,475 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,188 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Azulik

Never stayed there or Copal. But the original owner sold to another company a couple of years ago and it seems as though the new owners aren't doing necessary constant maintenance..... From reading the reviews.

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
242 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Azulik

Do you think it's too awful to stay there for xmas? The last reviewer reported that repairs were in progress. Has anyone been there recently?

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,188 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Azulik

For me, personally, I would be more comfortable somewhere else. It might be fine for you. but I'd rather not take the chance.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,895 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Azulik

I agree with Pepper. There are so many wonderful places to stay these days, not sure I'd do Azulik. I mean, unless the rate is super cheap for Xmas?

Mentioned in this post
Azulik
Azulik
1,475 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,188 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Azulik

Lol!!...you know...if the rate is cheap enough, I might reconsider. It'd have to go down to $75/night.

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
242 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Azulik

It's $370 a night!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,188 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Azulik

Take a look at Encantada. Rates might be similar, but it's new and in good shape. Maybe Rosa del Viento too.

Mentioned in this post
Encantada Tulum
Encantada Tulum
495 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Rosa del Viento
Rosa del Viento
812 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
minn
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Azulik

The ONLY reason to stay at Azulik is the Clothing Optional choice. The beach is mostly rocks unless you get lucky with the current bringing back the sand which moves weekly or so. I haven't been in the area since Apr. but will be back Nov 1. There is a new vibe in that part of the beach. Good or bad I'm not sure. With the PPP it is going to be an upscale destination. Gone are the $80.00 rooms and $1.50 beers.......

Mentioned in this post
Azulik
Azulik
1,475 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
midwest
14 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Azulik

I love Azulik. But I would never go there paying full rate for the reasons in the previous reviews. At 60 percent off it is worth it to me for the location of the decks over the surf with the tubs. I think most of the negative reviews are from those that pay the high rates and then are disappointed - rightfully so I think. I never travel high season so I don't get reservations until I get there or the night before to get the 60 percent off.

Mentioned in this post
Azulik
Azulik
1,475 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
10. Re: Azulik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, December 14, 2013