We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel & Weather confusion

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
New Jersey
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Hotel & Weather confusion

Hi All,

Looking for help with the weather in October and hotel selection. We have been to cancun in November end and are planning a trip this October 12-17. I have not been able to get a clear picture of the weather in October. Is it a good time to visit? Will there be lots of rain? Will it be humid with a lot of mosquitoes?

As far as hotels, we really like upscale modern hotels with pvt beaches. We are looking to relax in peace after a tough year full of health issues and deaths in our family. We are not into a big party scene, and are just looking to relax at a gorgoues beach and go for nice dinners. We would like AC in the room so that has made the search a little difficult.

Would appreciate your advice on both of these matters. Thanks.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,980 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel & Weather confusion

Weather in October? Maybe. Might be hot and sunny, might be warm and humid, might be warm and drizzly, might rain, might not. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. Mosquitos kind of depend on the wind.

Not too many "modern" hotels on the Tulum beach. Are you looking for an all-inclusive type resort? Tulum is a place of small eco-friendly hotels, very few of which have a/c.

If you have the budget, though, check out BeTulum. It's the most "modern" place on the beach and has pools and a/c.

Mentioned in this post
Tulum Beach
Tulum Beach
311 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
BeTulum Restaurant and Lounge
BeTulum Restaurant and...
167 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,215 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel & Weather confusion

Agree...it sounds like Be Tulum would be the only hotel you would be happy with having a/c and a modern design.

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
New Jersey
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel & Weather confusion

Thank you for your reply. I think we are going to take a chance and come to Tulum in October.

The other hotel I am highly considering now is Rosa Del Viento. The beaches looking amazing and quiet, and the rooms are new and have AC.

Can anyone comment on this hotel? Thanks again for all your help!

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Rosa del Viento
Rosa del Viento
817 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
SF
Level Contributor
219 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel & Weather confusion

Here is a thread from last week on Rosa del Viento

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150813-i155-k5668…

Mentioned in this post
Rosa del Viento
Rosa del Viento
817 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
New Jersey
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel & Weather confusion

Thanks. How safe is this area of Tulum? I know its secluded so is safety a concern?

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,215 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel & Weather confusion

Tulum really isn't secluded.

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
7. Re: Hotel & Weather confusion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 25, 2013