We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tierras Del Sol--have any info? location & restaurant

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver
2 posts
Save Topic
Tierras Del Sol--have any info? location & restaurant

We are considering staying at Tierras Del Sol but eating is definitely a hobby of ours. Has anyone eaten there? Is it decent? Also, wondering--if we want to venture out towards Ana y Jose or Zamas for dinner, how far away are they? Any additional info. is greatly appreciated.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,647 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tierras Del Sol--have any info? location & restaurant

Tierra del Sol is almost the last place before the Sian Kaan gate. I wanted to eat there, but couldn't find a parking space, so I went somewhere else.

Any place that you are going to eat at, you'll need to drive (a couple of kilometers). Zamas and AyJ are both excellent. Posada Margherita is amazing - they make fresh pasta. The closest place to Tierra del Sol to is Dos Ceibas to the north and a restaurant in Rancho San Eric to the south.

iowa
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tierras Del Sol--have any info? location & restaurant

Pepper is correct. Ana Y Jose is wonderful, try the Tequila shrimp dish. Zama's is also great, good drinks and relaxed atmosphere. Be sure to take your time eating so that everything is settled before you venture out on the road. We have found that most of the places along the road have great restaurants, just be patient with the speed of service. The only place that we ate that was not very good was Tres Chiles. Very mediocre, although I love the name. Posada Margherita is also a must stop at for the Italian dishes. Be sure to pet the dogs while you are there. Very entertaining