We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Principe

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Harleysville, Pa
5 posts
Save Topic
Bahia Principe

My wife and I plus a 2 and 4 year old are planning a trip in April. We would like to know which side(akumal or Tulum) is better suited to children.

What building should we ask for and will we need to get up extra early to reserve beach or pool chairs with umbrellas.

How far are the restaurants from hotel rooms?

Beach- which side is better for the beach and do you need beach shoes?

thanks

Vancouver,B.c.
Level Contributor
496 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Principe

hi there...for young children I would go to the Akumal side since there is an area of the beach which is like a little cove...water shoes are up to you...we had them but didn't use them...yes you have to get up early to "reserve" lounges or chairs and get a palapa for shade for it will be hot in April...for a map of the resort just type in maplady and it will link you to community.webshots.com which has resort maps of mexico which include the Bahia Principe Akumal and Tulum...also just a reminder that whatever side you stay on, you can use all the facilities of the other for free which doubles your restaurant choices...you will absolutely love it and so will your kids...if you have any opther questions just let me know...glad to help out