We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance between Aventura Spa Palace and Playa del Carmen

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
New Jersey
3 posts
Save Topic
Distance between Aventura Spa Palace and Playa del Carmen

My husband and I are going with another couple to Aventura Spa Palace in March. I am very concerned after reading some less than mediocre reviews. We are young and would definately like some sort of nightlife. How much is a taxi to the downtown Playa del Carmen area where all the nightlife is? Are there other transportation options? i know the hotel will take you to other palace resorts. How often do they run? If we take their transportation to Playacar Palace, can we walk downtown from there? Thanks so much...hoping we didn't make a mistake with this resort!!!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance between Aventura Spa Palace and Playa del Carmen

We paid $15.00 USD from Riu Palace in PDC to Pt. Aventuras, which is very close to your resort. There were quite a few restaurants in Pt. Aventuras, they might have some nightlife which would be closer to you.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance between Aventura Spa Palace and Playa del Carmen

The distance is:

PDC is at Kilometer #290

ASP is at Kilometer #270. (markers on the hiway)

Locust Grove...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance between Aventura Spa Palace and Playa del Carmen

Last March PDC was $12 by taxi so assume it's about the same now.On this forum I learned that the shuttle to Playacar palace drops you about 45 min away-walking- as it drops you at a shopping area.I think it only goes during the day but someone else will reply and let you know. There is plenty to do in PDC and you could get a lot of info on the PDC forum.Every one says that the Blue Parrot is a great place. ASP is great. Do some tours which are probably included and take advantage of the awesome spa. The gym is also top notch.The shuttle also goes to Moon Palace but again I think it's only once a day.Their 3 hotels in the zone are closed until summer but they still run the shuttle from MP to the zone several times a day.Stop worrying! You'll have a great time.

Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance between Aventura Spa Palace and Playa del Carmen

luv2fly,

I understand your concerns- I am getting married at ASP on April 7th and have had the same concerns! My fiancee and I are early 30's and still want to have a nightlife. We will also have guests with us (some single friends) that I want to make sure are entertained! I am trying to get info on Playa del Carmen as well so let me know if you find out anything and I will do the same. Too bad we will not be there at the same time! Have a great trip!

Lloydminster, Canada
Level Contributor
260 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Distance between Aventura Spa Palace and Playa del Carmen

It's been 2years since we've been there, but there was a "bar hopping tour" that took you from the hotel to Playa and visited the most popular bars. We didn't go because we had the kids with us but all that went said it was a blast! We stayed at the Palladium last time and often took the "collectivo" to all of our excursions. It is a white van that picks up passengers outside all resorts and excursion sights. It is the main method of transportation for the mexican workers,it only costs $2 u.s.,and it's kinda fun. Only thing is there is a bit of walking involved to get into the resort. In Playa, they drop you off at the bus station which is about 4-5 blocks from 5th ave. We did it no problem though. Have fun!!