We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches at resorts question

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
toronto, on
Level Contributor
673 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches at resorts question

Which resorts have the best beaches post-Wilma in your opinion?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
112 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches at resorts question

The beach at El Dorado Royale is very rocky, though I understand it may be improved by shipping in sand.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
957 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches at resorts question

My travel agent who just returned this week said the Bahia Principe was rocky too. She loved the resort but the beach was rocky? So we just switched to Xcaret.... keeping my fingers crossed.

Nashville
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches at resorts question

walked the beach both directions from ana y jose this past week and they are covered in beautiful soft white sand.

ontario
Level Contributor
414 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches at resorts question

Pamina Pa

Do you mean you are to stay at Grand Xcaret by Occidental? If so, this hotel has a small man made cove for a beach. Go to www.locogringo.com and hit the map section,then hit aerial map and then under eco parks click on Xcaret, hit the arrows to the right and this will be your hotel and beach. Bahia in my opinion has a much nicer beach.

toronto, on
Level Contributor
673 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches at resorts question

justaminut, what is ana y jose?

Nashville
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches at resorts question

resort in tulum south of Zamas

full name: ana y jose charming hotel and spa

their website is www.anayjose.com

we had the most amazing time this past week!

my sister got married along with 50 family/friends.

East Grand Forks...
Level Contributor
139 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches at resorts question

Stayed at the grand xcaret two years ago, awsome resort but don't xpect to take a walk onthe beach as there really is none, that was our only dissapointment! The man made beach is about 30 yards wide and has like three tiers and about 200 people packed on this small strip of sand. stay closer to Playa or Tulum for nicer beaches

East Grand Forks...
Level Contributor
139 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beaches at resorts question

Stayed at the grand xcaret two years ago, awsome resort but don't xpect to take a walk onthe beach as there really is none, that was our only dissapointment! The man made beach is about 30 yards wide and has like three tiers and about 200 people packed on this small strip of sand. stay closer to Playa or Tulum for nicer beaches