We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice about El Dorado Seaside Suites

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
228 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need advice about El Dorado Seaside Suites

Is this resort mostly couples? We are a group of 5 (Mom, Dad, 2 college age kids, and a 36 year old brother-in-law). Will we feel out of place, like we are intruding on couples honeymoons etc.? Or are there other groups of adults there who are not on a romantic getaway? We want a casual, laid-back ADULTS ONLY all-inclusive. Thanks for your help!

Chicago Illinois
Level Contributor
363 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice about El Dorado Seaside Suites

We stayed at El Dorado Royale. We did look into into Seaside Resorts. From what I see and read it is mostly couples. While we were at EDR I would say there was 99% couples. I saw a mother and daughter there attending a wedding, and family of Mom, Dad and 2 college aged kids.

Vacation is what you make it. Good luck

Level Contributor
1,346 posts
392 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice about El Dorado Seaside Suites

Hi there.

I'm scheduled to be at the El Dorado Seaside in March and have done extensive research.

As I inderstand the promotions and feedback, this is a niche market hotel intended to attract couples who are looking for a secluded and romantic get-a-way.

I have read of smaller groups going too ( 3 women) but they seem to be in the minority.

If all of you agree on an agenda of relaxation, lying by the beach and pool, and gracious service, this hotel may still be suitable for your needs.However, I don't think your college age students (I'm a mother of 2) would enjoy this.

I think there is far more action at the Royale but be ware of a younger, noiser, and sometimes more obnoxious crowd. Spring breakers can really destroy a holiday, but they don't seem

drawn to the EDSS.

Frankly, if I were taking my kids, I wouldn't select the EDSS.

Ontario, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need advice about El Dorado Seaside Suites

My husband and I just returned from the EDSS and found that it was mostly couples of all ages. We really enjoyed that quiet, layed back feel of the resort. I think, however, that your college aged kids would not have the best time at this resort as the night-life was almost non-existant. During our stay we transfered to the El Dorado Royale and really enjoyed this resort, but for different reasons than the sister resort. There was more night-life at the Royale, and it seemed to be a younger crowd at this resort. If you are looking for a quiet, romantic vacation, then the EDSS would be great. If you have single, adult children with you, then the Royale would be much better.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
228 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Need advice about El Dorado Seaside Suites

Thank you to those of you who answered me. Jen and Rick, was there any kind of entertainment at night, shows etc...? Did you like the ala carte restaraunts? Was it a pain to have to make reservations every morning or didn't they fill up that quickly? Are they they still working on the resort or is it done? How was the animation team? Were there lots of activities to do during the day? Thanks for your help,

Kim

Ontario, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need advice about El Dorado Seaside Suites

Kim

There was some entertainment while we were there...a folk dance group one night and some local musicians another night. Nothing too wild, but relaxing to listen to.

The a la carte restaurants were wonderful, just make sure that you order from every course and you definitely won't leave the table hungry. It wasn't a problem for us to book every night as we were up to see every sunrise and were already finished breakfast by the time we had to book dinner for that night (8 a.m.) You won't need to book for the international restaurant, but the asian and mexican are worth getting up for.

There is still some construction going on, in the lobby area and it looks like they are putting in a new septic system out back. The construction did not get in our way. I'm not sure if all the rooms have been renovated, some close to the lobby looked like they were still being upgraded.

We didn't take part in any of the planned activities, but could hear them going on...just too nice laying around the beach or the pool or snorkeling. They have kayaks and paddle boats to use, but it was too wavy while we were there to use them.

Hope this helps.

Jen and Rick

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
228 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Need advice about El Dorado Seaside Suites

Jen & Rick-

Thanks again for your input. Sounds like you really enjoyed yourselves!

Kim